New 2008 MZ5 owner

Esprit

:
2008Mazda5, 1969Lotus Elan, 1983Lotus TurboEsprit, 2012Fiat 500C
Hi! I am new from Calgary Canada. I just bought a 2008 MZ5 GT Galaxy Grey with Leather package today. Car may take two weeks before I can pick it up.
I can not wait to drive the MZ5. So far I am very happy with the test drive. The 5-speed AT drive fine like a Audi Tiptronic.
The only two things I am not too happy is the rear air fan only blow cool air. No heat at all. The second is the DRL still run on the low beam. Not like the 2007 MZ3 that run on high beam that will cause me problem if I want HID.
If any one have some way to disable the DRL, please let me know.
By the way my name is Eddie
Thank you

Picked up our '08 yesterday! We just discovered the same issue with the rear vents. Since its cold here, we don't know if it has to do with recirculate vs ext. vent. I am going to try running the system in recirculate mode today when I drive it to see if that helps.

Hi,
When I look at the manual, it said "COOL AIR ONLY" no heat will come out at all.???!@#

Eddie

Hi Esprit,

I purchased my Mazda GT Silver with leather last Wednesday. The dealer also said it would take two weeks for delivery but based on the forum, I think we'll be waiting a couple of months.

I love the promotions 0% financing, 1% GST credit and the $500 Futureshop Gift certificate. I didn't care for the gift certificate so I asked the dealer if he could take $250 off the price of the car instead and it worked.

Did you take any options?

Congratulations and let us know when you take possession.

Yep, we confirmed today when finalizing the paperwork on the car at the dealer that the rear vents are cold air only. Thanks for the update too.

Hi Radiohead,
How are you? My dealer told me that my car had arrive Vancouver. Because is X'mas and New Year holiday, they don't know how long will take it to Calgary. They said around two weeks.
And by the way, which city and dealer you went? I didn't get $500 Futureshop Gift certificate.!!!!!
thank you

I didn't get $500 Futureshop Gift certificate.!!!!!

The promotion is called "More the Merrier". In ontario we get 0% financing and a $500 Futureshop gift certificate. In Alberta you get http://www.mazda.ca/event/index.html?WT_Source=MAZDA.CA_TOPNAV&WT.mc_id=MTM_07_EN_R0_MAZDA.CA

0% financing and $500 in Christmas cash.

Ask you dealer about the "Christmas cash". My dealer never mentioned the gift certificate probably because in Ontario, the dealer pays $250 and Mazda pays $250 for the $500 gift certificate. So I got my dealer to drop the price by $250 instead of taking the gift certificate.

i just bough my 2008 galaxy grey GT with leather a few days ago.. and it should be here in 2-3 weeks according to the dealer. our cars is probably on the same boat.. hahaha

Hi! I think we bought the same car with same spec. with same colour. Where are you live?
Thank you and Happy New Year

Hi, Same as my, can't wait to see the car. I live in Calgary
Happy new year

Wow. Mazda really should have put heat back there.... funny because the vents pull air from the HVAC case, right near where the floor ducts (that have heat and A/C) are.... how hard would it have been to route it to them instead of where it just pulls in 'cool' air?

Wow. Mazda really should have put heat back there.... funny because the vents pull air from the HVAC case, right near where the floor ducts (that have heat and A/C) are.... how hard would it have been to route it to them instead of where it just pulls in 'cool' air?
In the prairie winter, we don't need extra heat at the back of the MZ5. We are already wearing heavy down-filled winter jackets upon entering the MZ5.
I noticed my passengers soon complain of too much heat. But the AC unit for the back is good one during summer.

hey espirt

just wondering if you gotten your new 5 yet? my dealer just contacted me today to let me know my vehicle's status is on "rail" at the moment.. if the car is on rail. then it'll be here in a week or 2.

since we got our cars around the same time, u should get yours a bit earlier than me since u're in calgary.

find out from your dealer what status. there's a few. "production", "port", and "rail"

Hi Blacktalon13,
No, not yet. They told me at 28th that my car is at rail. I will give them a call tomorrow to find out. Thank you

Back