NEPOC MEET: Westfield, MA - Stanley Park 10/10

What if we get a large beach ball and paint it like a soccer ball? We could use our cars to "kick" it around. They couldn't complain about that as long as we get a sign that says we are licensed and authorized.

chuyler1 said:
If anyone has stereo equipment they need installed I'll be up for it...I'm not very handy under the hood though.
Hmm stereo install day. I could host that one :D

Gbourdon said:
Bring up the ATV we'll go ridin' I got 2 at my house. Craig can come along and show us how to pull an Ozzy Osborne over the handlebars again.
My thigh still hurts (pow)

You guys need to get more rx-8's out to the nepoc meet. And miata's and rx-7's and whatnot....................the next one is the ski/snowboard meet.

Chris

It would be cool if we could get a Mazda Dealer to help us host an event. I read on the RX8 forum that they are having something like that in NJ. Discounts on general vehicle service and Mazdaspeed parts.

We could have a BBQ there and maybe they would even let us test drive some new models. MSM, RX8, maybe even an MPV.

i started just simply replying to your comment but then i got a little sidetracked here so lemme comment real quick on this whole sponsorship/dealership/partnership/horseship thing

i have spoken with a dealership about working with the club. they offered us 10-15% discount on parts and service about 4 seconds into the conversation. But I would have to get them some paperwork about the club and a list of members etc.....and since only about 3 of our members live near and/or get serviced by any one dealership it didnt seem like it was worthwhile.

My idea last spring when I tried to set up the mazda owners club of new england in addition to nepoc was the get this big owners group and once or twice a year we held a meet at a mazda dealership during their open house or something. Kinda like the hot cars in the lot bring more ppl in, and the enthusiasm shown by all the owners taking their free time to sit aronud and talk about their cars helps to sell more for the dealership. That in addition to throwing a dealership logo on nepoc t-shirts and banners and whatnot and the dealership could not only give us the parts/service discount but also cash sponsorship to cover some costs.

Unfortunately the reality is miatas are largely off in their own world and arent interested, rx7 owners as they put it "like to hang out with other rotaries, not so much other mazdas in general" the mazda 3, 626, mx6, and rx8 communities around here arent super active. Which leaves us with a few 6s possibly - although they didnt seem too gung ho about the one big mazda club thing either last spring - but even so its for the most part just our protege club. Then you look at our club, as fantastic as it is, I think we made like 25 t-shirts, mark gave at least 5 away I think, i still have 5 sitting around or given away, which means we sold a grand total of 15 shirts.

Now a club that is only able to buy 15 of their own t-shirts.....really doesnt appear to hold a whole lot of buying power. Which makes it less likely that any non-mazda place would sponsor us, and honestly who is buying large quantities of OEM mazda parts from dealers anyways if a dealer was to sponsor us? (the obvious exception being new motor every week kyle..) Not to mention the whole letting us test drive rx8s or something as a club event at their dealership......maybe commie could hook us up but if I was a salesman i wouldnt believe anyone in this protege club could afford an rx8 (even though I know some of us could).

So basically we could get 10-15% off parts/service. But no large population of nepoc members go to any one dealership (in fact I bet the largest population doesnt go to a dealership at all) so I dont know that that is worth their while.

For a meet at a mazda dealership, I dont see why they would say no....i guess we just pick a place in the worcester area since it is most central?

Test drives and whatnot, i wouldnt be quite so sure...

General sponsorship, I dont think any aftermarket company would be interested given our lack of buying power, and I dont think a dealership would be interested in donating funds, but if they did what would we use the funds for? Paying web hosting fees? Paying for t-shirts and stickers up front instead of a couple members fronting the money?

honestly even just an arrangement with a dealership saying club members get X discount would probably require nepoc to become more "official" and more organized and whatnot....and while we are certainly capable of doing so...do we really want to?

[DISCLAIMER]this is a little more than a response just to your meet at a dealership suggestion obviously:) but I know more than one person has these kind of thoughts going through their mind since our meets are going so well, everyone is so enthusiastic, and it has been suggested to me before...so i just figured I would cover the topic, let you know that these sorts of things have been considered. certainly open for conversation, but this is where we're at

Lost (Stolen) Sunglasses

I'm not blaming anyone here, but I have a feeling someone stole my sunglasses at the Westfield meet. The reason I say stolen and not lost is that I know for sure that I put them on my middle arm rest at one point, and then when we were leaving, I couldn't find them when I looked at the arm rest. I mentioned to my little bro if he had seen them there and he said no.

They were Smith Slider Voodoo glasses, "clear smoke" color.

In any case, on the off chance it was someone from NEPOC, if you conscience gets the better of you, you can mail them to the following address, no questions asked. Of course, there were alot of other people(non-meet people) there that could have done it, but you never now.

Adam Marcionek
142 Ruby Rd.
Dracut, MA. 01826

Thanks.

Last edited:
hope you find them...

i had a blackberry, cell phone, laptop, wallet on my seat with the windows open all day.
i was a little worried but nothing walked off.

im sure you did but i gotta ask, did you check under the seats in case they fell down or somethin?

Glasses gone is teh suck. I remember you wearing them in the morning when we met up. I hope they turn up.

NEPOC does not need to be more "official". Being more "official" means less fun and more headache.

15 shirts??!?!!111? WTF. I bought 2. Buy up suckas.

When I take my car in to get serviced I usually have a tough time finding a parking spot...the lot is usually filled with new cars. I'm sure most dealerships make use of every parking spot on the lot to keep their inventory full, and they're not going to move these cars for a bunch of already-owned cars to come in for a day.

I just don't see how we could fit 30-50 Proteges on a dealership lot.

People need to buy shirts. Greennugs. I don't think I ever even got to meet you..Sorry to hear about your sunglasses. Chris, I like the way the club is now. I think the general consensus would say the same. We do however need to get a little organized if everyone wants to start doing dealership meets and all that jazz. We'd need better communication to all the members, moreover, more active members. The usual NEPOC crowd is about 20 people. That 20 vs. the 60 or so members. Where is everyone? Granted people have lives and such. But damn! I agree with the whole "sponsership" issue and your right chris, NEPOC doesn't really have a huge OEM buying crowd outside of myself (unfortunately.) Now, I'm not saying lets start having dues to make shirts or go to shows and all that..That would just be ridiculous. But I do think we should get a little more organized and everyone should start showing a little more nepoc love by buying a shirt and a sticker! Come on! Represent! one love

GreenNuggs said:
I'm not blaming anyone here, but I have a feeling someone stole my sunglasses at the Westfield meet. The reason I say stolen and not lost is that I know for sure that I put them on my middle arm rest at one point, and then when we were leaving, I couldn't find them when I looked at the arm rest. I mentioned to my little bro if he had seen them there and he said no.

They were Smith Slider Voodoo glasses, "clear smoke" color.

In any case, on the off chance it was someone from NEPOC, if you conscience gets the better of you, you can mail them to the following address, no questions asked. Of course, there were alot of other people(non-meet people) there that could have done it, but you never now.

Adam Marcionek
142 Ruby Rd.
Dracut, MA. 01826

Thanks.
that bites, ya i left my stuff in the car with the doors and windows open, no prob, sorry man!!

No one took my Domo. Not that anyone would want to...

Really sorry about your shades. I highly doubt anyone that took the time to come to the meet would also steal from a member.

Back