Mammoth Cave Meet - New Date - 08/22/2009

I'll set the date and time.

Aug, 22nd. Meet at the main parking lot of the cave visitor center at 12 noon.

We will need to go buy tickets to a tour right away and then if we have to wait we can find a shady spot in the picnic area to park and greet. Bring your own drinks and snacks. After the cave tour we could all go for a drive around the park and then head out to the interstate to eat. There are many things to do in the area other than cave tours for those that want to come early and or stay late.

This will be family friendly so bring the kids, they love the caves.

Campers need to get to the camp ground early and reserve a spot. I have camped there many times and the only time I have had trouble getting a spot was on a holiday weekend.

We will just wing the rest.

Last edited:
I'll set the date and time.

Aug, 22nd. Meet at the main parking lot of the cave visitor center at 12 noon.

We will need to go buy tickets to a tour right away and then if we have to wait we can find a shady spot in the picnic area to park and greet. Bring your own drinks and snacks. After the cave tour we could all go for a drive around the park and then head out to the interstate to eat. There are many things to do in the area other than cave tours for those that want to come early and or stay late.

This will be family friendly so bring the kids, they love the caves.

Campers need to get to the camp ground early and reserve a spot. I have camped there many times and the only time I have had trouble getting a spot was on a holiday weekend.

We will just wing the rest.

Sounds cool to me, see you guys there!! (thumb)

I won't be camping, I'll just drive down for the day, though it is a nice place to camp.

BTW, Good Luck in your race on the 15th!! (first) I'll be in Cave City with the in-laws again that day.

Bump. Who's going for sure? Its like a 3.5 hour drive for me so I'd like it to be worth my time lol.

1) sean22306 (also posted this on my site, and PT to draw interest.)
2)

Bump. Who's going for sure? Its like a 3.5 hour drive for me so I'd like it to be worth my time lol.

2) 08cosmic3

2) 08cosmic3
3) Tiff6

Man, that sucks! (cryhard) I was looking forward to this one.

Went thru the Hidden River and Onyx caves last Saturday. The tours for both were a little too short, but they were really cool caves! (cool)

You are welcome to attend Zoom to the Farm on Sunday. (headbang) So far we have about 6 or 7 cars attending.

I guess interest kinda died. Guess I wont be coming unless more people hop on board :(

Back