NEMOC Random BS Thread

yes .. !!!lo i work in the city of boston and live in NH manchester hooksett line i put 100 miles a day on my pro5
its a 2002 pro5 with the 2.0DOHC ES 16V a few fun minor mods has the factory sport suspension and the factory body kit
The car has been in my family since 2002 when it was bought buy my grandma ..yup thats right my grandma ! she kept it in the garage for 6 years she passed it on when she passed away .. soo now today with 130k and a few maintenance issues the lil red screams down route 93 as my daily driver .i'm in the process of replacing everything ..lol

my mods so far
XYZ intake
MOOG rear and front rear links
MOOG rear sway bar
MOOG stabilizer links
custom mud flaps ..(yup)
painted grill
and decals

the saga continues ..lol nice to meet you all (couch)
cool! i had a 02 p5...couple of mods...miss that car...the body was rotting off the frame. anyway sold the motor to a buddy and he put it in his p5 (clean car from CA) saw it last summer, still boosted with about 180k on the clock! bless you and that commute!!! i do about 80 round trip from the south shore in to watertown and it just sucks!
Spambot is spambotting
good pick up!

Is this for my comment in your fs thread? Lol. Link to first pic is broken? And new frames arent going to help me that much.

I passed for now. Didnt really have any frames i liked and our son didnt find any either. Going to get him some online so it will be an out of network provider.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

I got my new frames from glasses.com. They were great since you can actually have them make up your prescription, send you the glasses, and you get a month to see if you like them! Then I submitted a reimbursement form to my insurance and got paiiiiiid :)

cool! i had a 02 p5...couple of mods...miss that car...the body was rotting off the frame. anyway sold the motor to a buddy and he put it in his p5 (clean car from CA) saw it last summer, still boosted with about 180k on the clock! bless you and that commute!!! i do about 80 round trip from the south shore in to watertown and it just sucks!

good pick up!

cruising on the south shore is tough .lol ill keep an eye out for ya in passing

I got my new frames from glasses.com. They were great since you can actually have them make up your prescription, send you the glasses, and you get a month to see if you like them! Then I submitted a reimbursement form to my insurance and got paiiiiiid :)
Good to know Kyle. I was checking out one site who offered a full refund on frames. But onyl 50% on lenses if you returned them or 75% if you exchanged them. Found out that Pearl Vision at the mall sells Oakleys and now accepts my insurance. Took the boy child over and he got frames and I got sunglasses. Tam wouldnt let me get mirrored lenses though. [emoji20]

Welcome from PA! NEMOC is full of great people as you will find out. Ive made several road trips to the Boston area for meets over the years. LRP is coming up in July and always a fun weekend.

yes .. !!!lo i work in the city of boston and live in NH manchester hooksett line i put 100 miles a day on my pro5
its a 2002 pro5 with the 2.0DOHC ES 16V a few fun minor mods has the factory sport suspension and the factory body kit
The car has been in my family since 2002 when it was bought buy my grandma ..yup thats right my grandma ! she kept it in the garage for 6 years she passed it on when she passed away .. soo now today with 130k and a few maintenance issues the lil red screams down route 93 as my daily driver .i'm in the process of replacing everything ..lol

my mods so far
XYZ intake
MOOG rear and front rear links
MOOG rear sway bar
MOOG stabilizer links
custom mud flaps ..(yup)
painted grill
and decals

the saga continues ..lol nice to meet you all (couch)

Nice to met you Joe. Most if not all owned a P5, Protege, MP3, etc, at some point. I'm hoping by the mileage you have that the timing belt as been replaced.

Hey everyone .. I'm up in NH how do i join this group

Congrats.. You are in! Luckily the initiation rituals have calmed down in recent years. We used to make the newbies wash and wax all of our cars at Mahk's house. Ok.. Maybe we didn't.. But we DID make you chill with us at Lime Rock and have a beer or two. I think we still do that. Or at least it is highly encouraged. Think you can handle that?

Welcome from PA! NEMOC is full of great people as you will find out. Ive made several road trips to the Boston area for meets over the years. LRP is coming up in July and always a fun weekend.

What Jeffy said on his fancy phone.

Lastly, great to have a p5 aboard. Most of us (myself not included) had one at one point. I was the weirdo that started with a 6 hatch.

Congrats.. You are in! Luckily the initiation rituals have calmed down in recent years. We used to make the newbies wash and wax all of our cars at Mahk's house. Ok.. Maybe we didn't.. But we DID make you chill with us at Lime Rock and have a beer or two. I think we still do that. Or at least it is highly encouraged. Think you can handle that?

What Jeffy said on his fancy phone.

Lastly, great to have a p5 aboard. Most of us (myself not included) had one at one point. I was the weirdo that started with a 6 hatch.

awesome yes nice to meet you all .. With 90k i had the top top end rebuilt including belts ext.. now my goal is to make it look pretty ..lol on my to do list .
water pump
alternator
coil packs
tranny flush and coolant
plus some minor body work on my rear quarters and a small amount of surface rust on the hood ..

i have done allot of work to the car over the years to keep it road ready ..

some of us still have a protege! :)

go p5 camper mobile!!
lBojEWr1-BOWT1bLjHfHsuJUFqySI5DHBcttn4gOfssxfFRk8ZS7UKo_0nAdTVtItU7wzrYLbzFirGtAoXEbjn2_zX_iKGO_KxaElOH9bXP6lhYU-s9tbapwv8-AVhuVYMBoPb4i3bsw5L1ewxHMtw0sEzLpYHjJhHY7Yt9aZI7ah4I9-pgq9aJISM7uo_UR646EbzpafowTitdokuV7J_eJx_tApyYSPo1PNl_6vyFLWCyRJB3V0NZM_e-p7i5v9y9RxL8ITSmbjj72Pp27ZZfYrCxkK4TkTWaES7JlXVaD1i1SJp5Sry2Rc8bFhj2w9jf2GvMaMnzfzclv_Ak7bzwL8XljsLk1nc-e9F9eATFiGe4ULwWXBmN5U8yA3iOFK6gRV2-2_2_pXnroSMJWimes7cioCji2CML42xS3-4eFuNMheHzN4TW9XkVlXJ7MZnxalkwXBpBBJayVTb_a8Rc_pkThDYSKogzC2fd5BZY7BounzRagaGI-qvb7OzzZX4H1CE-9PNynohrBJc1iBffT5TaSdHGq8kdY2mHkwd-goSaQbMIYXOf4H74UO3n_odTQ=w587-h330-no

some of us still have a protege! :)

go p5 camper mobile!!

Yes indeed!

But you have the best color Joe, Classic Red FTW! lol I gave the keys to our daughter when she got her license and daddy got a Miata. :) I've got the rust issues in the same areas and she's just shy of 200K.

Yellow is the best P5 colour by far.

Had a chance to try the new door bushings on a long trip. Car feels tighter, feels less bouncy after hitting a bump. Seems to track better when hit truck ruts and uneven paving on the interstate. Looking forward to trying it on Sunday's autox.

I was always a laser blue fan, personally... But that shouldn't surprise anyone given the color palate my vehicles usually are selected from.

Yellow is the best P5 colour by far.

Had a chance to try the new door bushings on a long trip. Car feels tighter, feels less bouncy after hitting a bump. Seems to track better when hit truck ruts and uneven paving on the interstate. Looking forward to trying it on Sunday's autox.

Yellow schemellow :p

Cool! These are now on my to-do-list.

this is what im using for the rust .http://www.belzona.com/en/products/1000/1221.aspx.

i love the PRO5 camper ..totally awesome ! i want that bumper guard

Neat stuff. I bought some Chassis Saver a couple of years ago and treated some problem areas. Not going to get too crazy with repairs, just want to keep her on the road for as little as possible.

^blue is definitely the best color

I do like blue too and Laser Blue looks great on the P5. I really like the Reflex Blue on the newer Mazdas but the next new car is Tams so she gets to pick color choice.

You all are clueless about what the best color is..... 27A for life!

You won't see me there. I displaced myself to the deep south here in Louisiana. I do make my annual pilgrimage to the NE when I visit Lime Rock Park and meet up with these crazy northern folk.

I am a fan of Velocity Red chris, but I'm going to have to vote Laser Blue at this Election. Mazda needs to make Laser Blue great again.

Been trying to track down an issue with shifting the RX7. She shifts great, like a new car, in the morning. I drive about 15 minutes of back roads and its a joy. Then I cruise on the highway for 35 minutes. When I go to get off the highway the shifter is super stiff, like I have to use all my might to push it out of gear, then into the next gear. First I drained the transmission fluid from below. It wasn't that bad though. I replaced with Mobile1 75w90 since that is what Autozone had. By golly the shifting was even better! Until I got off the highway again. Same issue, sticky as all get out. Next I pulled the shifter from inside the car and replaced the oil on top (it's apparently a separate resevoir). I couldn't get much of the old oil out because its tight...and I was just using a turkey baster LOL! However, once again, great shifting when the motor and tranny is cold, but it stiffens up when hot. I don't know what else to try.

Back