NEMOC Random BS Thread

So what's the weather forecast for y'all? We are supposed to get another 3-6" of snow overnight along with a 1/4 of ice....yay! Tomorrow's commute should be fun.

2-4 tonight, 5-8 tomorrow. Still deciding if I'm going to go to work tomorrow or work from home. If my morning meeting gets cancelled I may head up north for some skiing :)

2-4 tonight, 5-8 tomorrow. Still deciding if I'm going to go to work tomorrow or work from home. If my morning meeting gets cancelled I may head up north for some skiing :)

im debating heading up to stratton tomorrow. or if i should wait and go on thursday

First tracks Thursday would probably be good too. Less important meetings on Thursday. Hmmmm

Our forecast changed. Now it's 2-4 tonight and only 1-3 tomorrow

if we go thursday, want to roll up with us? im still renting skis for now but my friend has his full board setup. picking him up in west hartford if we end up going. there is supposed to be a vendor showing the 2015 stuff this week for industry only, but i was told i could still poke around and ask questions to figure out what id like to buy

Congrats Phen! I'l bet she's a blast, have fun and enjoy that turn key. ;)

So what's the weather forecast for y'all? We are supposed to get another 3-6" of snow overnight along with a 1/4 of ice....yay! Tomorrow's commute should be fun.

I already told my boss not to expect me in the office tomorrow morning.

Time to spread the news to my NEMOC family.

I uh... bought a non-Mazda and am planning on selling my Mazda. I am officially a jumper.

I bought a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth with 30 miles on it. Got a helluva deal and there was nothing in the Mazda camp (or any other for that matter) that could compete with the price I got. No regrets. This little fucker is fun.
:(
I give that a week, 2 at most.
haha
Congrats Phen! I'l bet she's a blast, have fun and enjoy that turn key. ;)

more rain now....maybe 9"
Who is Andy?

:p
of Mayberry?
Now now Andrew.. It's not nice to pick on the old and potentially memory challenged (lol2)
awesome!!!

Was supposed to start here around 10 but nothing yet. Maybe it will pass? haha

I already told my boss not to expect me in the office tomorrow morning.

Didn't tell mine but know he won't have a problem if I call him in the morning. Hoping that I'll call the hotline and hear 'the office is closed'. Not holding my breath though as that has happened twice in my 19yrs there.

more rain now....maybe 9"

Damn, break out the galoshes. If they were calling for 9" of rain here on top of the snow we have, Tam would be freaking out.

Was supposed to start here around 10 but nothing yet. Maybe it will pass? haha

Didn't tell mine but know he won't have a problem if I call him in the morning. Hoping that I'll call the hotline and hear 'the office is closed'. Not holding my breath though as that has happened twice in my 19yrs there.

Damn, break out the galoshes. If they were calling for 9" of rain here on top of the snow we have, Tam would be freaking out.

sorry, 9" of snow....would have been more but it looks like sleet and freezing rain will keep the total to 9"!! called work off at 5am....robin's going in so i'll drive her in the truck...

we're getting a pretty good one.. I'm waiting for everything to tail off so I can have some snowblower fun.

I woke up at 3, looked outside and could still see the pavement. Then this morning at 6:30 when i took the dog out for a walk there was probably 8" so it came pretty quick.

Got a text saying the office had a delayed opening but I decided to come in at my normal time anyways. The back roads were pretty bad and mostly unplowed. Then after I got here they sent an update saying the office was closed. Oh well nice quiet day at the office for me :)

For the most part people on the roads were equipped for it. Though the guy in his Veloster that was totally stuck in the middle of the road which I am guessing was right outside of his apartment complex probably could have made a better decision. Also saw an 80s 300ZX driving through Hartford. Seemed to be doing ok which was surprising.

Ok, ok. I did spy a couple air fresheners and some Weathertech floor mats that I liked.

And so it begins.

Morning all. Hope the weather up north isn't hammering everyone too badly. Weather seems to be finally warming up. into the 60's now and staying well above freezing at night. Still waiting for some warmer weather to finish some painting.

Morning all. It's stopped here for now but supposedly another band or two of freezing rain could hit us. Pondering on shoveling the driveway now or waiting. The power screw for my snowblower should be here on Friday. We got around 3.5" before the ice started. Called the office hotline at 7am and we were open, so texted my peeps and told them to be careful if made the attempt or to just go in late which is what I planned. At 8am my boss calls me to say that they just closed the office, we open at 7:30....I'm sure that those who made the trip in were pissed!

Nice of you to chauffer Robin in Mahk, I'll be taking Tam to the chiropractor later and think we'll hit up Wegmans for groceries after dinner.

Back