NEMOC Random BS Thread

Starting 2nd week of work. No issues so far. Yesterday was my anniversary of being laid off.
Great bruce....that was a yr ago? Wow
Happy birthday to me...o crap its already tomorrow. :(
Happy happy man!
I test drove a 2012 Focus Hatch Titanium with the suspension upgrade bits this past weekend out of boredom. I have to admit, I was thoroughly impressed by the car. Handling, just enough power, and interior was nice.
Cool...too.bad we don't get the race car!

5805854022_1ced8e6794_b.jpg
Holly body roll and nose dive batman. Looks like he's about to curb that rim...without hitting a curb.

Great shot!

Thanks. He has some engine mods, but stock suspension for now. That is going to change soon of course. ;)

Morning all, happy hump day.

Still waiting on the muffler replacement. Found a used mods4cars top controller. In the mail so to speak. Soon I will be able to raise and lower the top on the go.

Mark, what's the latest on the car???

Morning all, happy hump day.

Still waiting on the muffler replacement. Found a used mods4cars top controller. In the mail so to speak. Soon I will be able to raise and lower the top on the go.

Mark, what's the latest on the car???
cool, i know you've been wanting one for a while now! hope you got a good deal...wonder why someone would remove that?
how's the job going?
the car, nothing new, wheel still bent, exhaust still leaking (it's not a bad leak, just enough to throw my afr reading off) i've had family here and all kinds of stuff tugging at my time...i hope to get the car in the shop next week...looks like i may need to drill out one of the turbo studs that i broke off...i thought we got a good seal with only 3 bolts, but i think i guessed wrong. i'm looking to buy another wheel, but of course i can't find one right now, out of stock? no autx either yet :(.

So I organized a vintage racing night with my Gran Turismo gang. All the cars had to be pre 1975 and under 1000kg. For a Laguna Seca race, I thought it appropriate to pull out my white Mazda Cosmo. I locked up the brakes on turn 1 the 2nd lap but that made it a fun battle for 3rd place the remainder of the race.

Note that Gran Turismo's physics are a bit whacky. There is apparently no correction for center of gravity so the VW Samba Bus can actually keep pace with sports cars.

My Cosmo didn't have much rear grip, but that's because we were racing on age appropriate comfort tires which caused quite a bit of wheelspin exiting turns. You can see in the video that everyone else was having a little trouble keeping the rear tires from spinning.

ive got white pedals on the way. those just came off the last bike. this new frame was supposed to be lime green but it was out of stock until late july in that color

cool, i know you've been wanting one for a while now! hope you got a good deal...wonder why someone would remove that?
how's the job going?
the car, nothing new, wheel still bent, exhaust still leaking (it's not a bad leak, just enough to throw my afr reading off) i've had family here and all kinds of stuff tugging at my time...i hope to get the car in the shop next week...looks like i may need to drill out one of the turbo studs that i broke off...i thought we got a good seal with only 3 bolts, but i think i guessed wrong. i'm looking to buy another wheel, but of course i can't find one right now, out of stock? no autx either yet :(.

Guy sold his car. Works for me. Job is going well. Nice to just work and go home.

Sorry to hear about the wheel troubles. Did the exhaust leak happen during the pothole incident?

Guy sold his car. Works for me. Job is going well. Nice to just work and go home.

Sorry to hear about the wheel troubles. Did the exhaust leak happen during the pothole incident?
ya, everything was running well until i hit that hole...my brother actually caught it on vid...it hurts just watching hearing it! :(

So I think the P5 is on its way out, It wont stay running. Took it out today and every time i stop it stalls out. any ideas?

IAC? Check the MAF is plugged in?

Ryan broke his ankle pretty bad last night while we were mountain biking, so he's up at Beverly Hospital waiting to have surgery. Yesterday was a very very long day.

So I think the P5 is on its way out, It wont stay running. Took it out today and every time i stop it stalls out. any ideas?

it's all about air, fuel and spark....
Ryan broke his ankle pretty bad last night while we were mountain biking, so he's up at Beverly Hospital waiting to have surgery. Yesterday was a very very long day.
ouch...hope all goes well...

morning, this place is pretty dead huh....i don't know what it is but i have so many things tugging at my time it's killing me! my car seems to be at the gottom of every list! i have several mods waiting to go in and no time! my yard and house have got to go!

Ouch....hope his surgery goes well and he has a quick recovery!

ouch...hope all goes well...

morning, this place is pretty dead huh....i don't know what it is but i have so many things tugging at my time it's killing me! my car seems to be at the gottom of every list! i have several mods waiting to go in and no time! my yard and house have got to go!

I feel ya but I have more than just time against me. My damn shoulder is stopping me from doing some little things to the car. Bracket for my rsb broke Tuesday night and I have Energy Suspension brackets to replace them with but don't trust myself getting under there to do the wrenching. I did LOL at the yard and house going so you have to time to wrench on the car.

Did drive a co-workers 2011 SE MX-5 in sparkling black mica earlier this week. It was cool and only made the itch I have to get one bigger.

Back