Need to replace rear strut mounts?

jerseymods

:
2003.5 Titanium Grey MSP
The rear suspension is starting to clunk ever since I replaced the stock racing beat springs with tein s tech lowering springs. I believe the strut mounts are the problem, remembering that I didn't tighten then with an impact wrench when I was crunched for time and I know you really shouldn't do that. My question is now what is a direct replacement strut mount for the tokico struts on the msp?

Are you sure it's the strut mounts and not the swaybar bushings? The strut mount will fit any strut, IIRC the P5s had a slightly heavier duty rear strut mount but I don't think it will make much of a difference either way.

Are you sure it's the strut mounts and not the swaybar bushings? The strut mount will fit any strut, IIRC the P5s had a slightly heavier duty rear strut mount but I don't think it will make much of a difference either way.
When I replaced the springs I also replaced all sway bar endlinks and greased up the bushings again. I have energy suspension poly bushings with relocation bracket.

How old are the bushings themselves? They can wear out after a few months and start to clunk, but it could be the strut mounts as well.

Make sure the mount marked R is installed on the passenger side and the mount with L is on drivers side. If you twisted the spring after it was bolted up in the wheel well you might have moved it off the mount enough to make it rub and clunk directly on the mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back