CX-5/CX-9 Front end creaks/clunks

ctbale

Contributor
:
2022 CX9 Tourin
Anybody have this? Here is what I have done. It's a CX9 but same front end and maybe you guys can shed some light on my nightmare.

Tighted all 12 cowl bolts to spec and test drove, removed cowl plate from vehicle and test drove, removed end links and secured sway bar and test drove, removed lower engine covers and test drove, replaced right front LCA(dealer), sprayed all bushings with fluid film. Sprayed upper strut area with fluid film, checked torque on sub frame bolts, checked torque on upper strut mount nuts. Checked engine mount bolts. Still creaks/clunks

Started at 7k. 14k now. 2022. Picked up with 2 miles on odo. Helped pull the plastic off the paint. Only driver. Struts and upper strut bearings/mounts?

Although this TSB is for older CX-9’s, but you should be able to use it as a reference to trace the root cause of your front end creaks and clunks.

TSB No.:02-007/17 CREAKING NOISE FROM FRONT LOWER ARM BUSHING / CLUNKING NOISE FROM FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER COIL SPRING WHEN DRIVING OVER BUMPS

Here’s another related TSB for CX-5 and we know the front suspension between CX-9 and CX-5 is similar.

TSB No.: 02-002/18 KNOCKING / SQUEAKING NOISE FROM FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER, CREAKING NOISE FROM FRONT LOWER ARM BUSHING

Since your 2022 CX-9 with 14K miles should be covered under new vehicle warranty, have you tried to have Mazda dealer fixing the noise after they replaced right side LCA?

I figured I should update my post. Creak fixed. The dealer said the sub frame was hitting on the body so they loosened all the subframe bolts, greased the alingment pins and recentered the subframe. Been to months and ni creak! :)

Back