Need Replacement Tire!!!

joeski

:
Mazda Speed 2003.5, Yellow
Got owned by a nail today. They were able to patch the hole in the tread area, but the nail was long and damaged the Bead. The Tire no longer makes a good seal with the Rim. Regaurdless I need to replace the tire, which sucks. Mazda Dealer says $200 bones and they have to order one. Anyone have any suggestions? And on top of that I got bump into at the local Walmart, left a 2" scrach on the Bumper Skirt. Looks to be from a trailer hich or something low. Took the paint right down to the plastic:wtf:

I have decided to park the Speed for the rest of the month, so I can avoid any more costly repairs. Hopefully January will be a better month for the Yellow Speed.

Just trying to find a cheap tire.

Best of luck with your day,
Joe Ski

Try tirerack.com or tires.com. Dealers suck! I just bought 4 new Goodyear GS D3 XL's for my MSP. $134 each, plus $75 back from Goodyear. The original tire is too noisy and the Goodyears are better.

Sorry about your misfortune. But you do not want to add a cheap replacement tire. If you do, put it on the back.

Try some 3M Perfect It II or III rubbing compound on it. Go lightly and don't try to get it off all at once. Repeat as needed. If its down to the primer, you'll need to have a body shop fix it for you.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Don't repair performance tires, the patches aren't safe at the high speeds the tires are rated for. Not that anyone here would ever drive that fast ;)

Tirerack will be the cheapest place to get a replacement, more than likely, but if you're going to rotate them you had better get a pair as having one tire newer than the other on the front may freak out your LSD!

I'm going to stick with getting the same matching tire. I'll have to do some shopping around. Tire rack is $164 :'( The car only has 4,000 miles on it so Tread wear is no an issue. I guess I'll have to suck it up.

I belive I picked up the nail in my devolpment. I live a new construction area. I should have the Construction company pay for it, but good luck with that. Maybe I'll just flatten thier tires. Too bad it will only cost them $164 for 4 new ones instead of 1.

No room left in the cornhole this week.

check Ebay, i had to replace one.
I ordered 2 for $100 shipped (75% tread left)
One of the tires was bad, so the guy gave a refund of $77 (the cost before shipping) and got to keep the good one.

mazda told me to go to townfair and tell them that it is under their account so I onlu payed $175 for a new one

joeski said:
I'm going to stick with getting the same matching tire. I'll have to do some shopping around. Tire rack is $164 :'( The car only has 4,000 miles on it so Tread wear is no an issue. I guess I'll have to suck it up.

I belive I picked up the nail in my devolpment. I live a new construction area. I should have the Construction company pay for it, but good luck with that. Maybe I'll just flatten thier tires. Too bad it will only cost them $164 for 4 new ones instead of 1.

No room left in the cornhole this week.

Even at 4k, treadwear is probably an issue for your LSD. What do folks usually get out of these tires, 20-25k? A tire with 4k on it may have 15-25% of its tread worn off. Your LSD really, really, really doesn't like it when your two front wheels aren't the exact same diameter.

It may be OK, but its something to think about.

i had the same problem , fortunatly i got the tire warranty from mazda free tires as long as good tread left . they told me that when they cant find any more they will have to replace all 4 with some thing of equal value

NoVaMSP,

I have the same warrentee with my dealership, but it dosn't cover Road Damage. I ordered a replacment at the final cost of $233, Merry X-mass to my self I guess.

Thank you MSP owners for all your input.

Joe Ski

god damn...maybe you should have rode around a lil longer until you found a better deal. :( My tire was damaged the first day I had it. I found a small screw in the center thread of my rear drivers tire. I had it patched and have been good ever since...and I do go for some spirited runs...hehe

instylz said:
god damn...maybe you should have rode around a lil longer until you found a better deal. :( My tire was damaged the first day I had it. I found a small screw in the center thread of my rear drivers tire. I had it patched and have been good ever since...and I do go for some spirited runs...hehe

Be very careful, particularly if that patched tire is up front. Tires with plugs aren't structurally sounds enough for very high speeds. Might not ever fail, but if you search around, you'll find plenty of warnings against this.

If the thing blows at 120mph, you'll wish you bought a new tire!

Back