2016 CX-5 Tire replacement - Maintenance mode/EPB?

Hello
Does my 2016 cx5 need to be put in maintenance mode by the mechanic who is repairing/replacing a tire? I have a slow leak in the driver’s side front - dealer says it’s too close to sidewall to patch. Taking it to local mechanic for second opinion.

No, Maintenance Mode only applies to the electronic parking brake in the rear. So if you're doing rear brake work, like changing pads and/or rotors, or servicing calipers, the car should be put into Maintenance Mode. For everything else, it isn't necessary.

If they end up replacing the tire, you may want to make sure they use a new valve stem kit instead of reusing the old one. It's just easier to do it with the tire already off and I believe the kits are fairly cheap. You may also want to have the wheel with the new tire rebalanced.

Hello
Does my 2016 cx5 need to be put in maintenance mode by the mechanic who is repairing/replacing a tire? I have a slow leak in the driver’s side front - dealer says it’s too close to sidewall to patch. Taking it to local mechanic for second opinion.
Not to a local mechanic for a second opinion, instead you should go to a good tire store such as Discount Tire Store / America’s Tire for tire repairs.

As mentioned, no EPB Maintenance Mode needed for tire repairs or tire installation.

Hello

How many miles on the current tires? How much are they worn? If lots of miles and worn a bit, you may want to consider replacing both front tires or even all 4.

Back