Tire ideas in today's market? Deals?

:
mazda
I might need all 4 tires soon.
I do not see many B3G1 offer anymore - even if there is, it is for highly priced tires.

The tires seems to be Walmart tires from prior owner - it did 20k and still going - perhaps it doesn't wear much. So if there is a deal, its time to change.
Is Walmart is a good place for tires for this car?

Any recommendation for this car?

Perhaps this car doesn't hold the road as much as my other cars - or the current tire is aging - just a thought! Maybe there is another tire that might hold better?

There are all kind of new brands! Confusing!

For all driving conditions except deep snow or ice, Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4.

Much more grip than the car was designed for. Crucially, the grip persists all the way down to the wear bars – which means its usable tread life is longer than that of almost any other tire. And the steering feel is fantastic.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus is probably second place. Some sacrifice to steering feel vs. the Michelin, but a bit less road noise. Not sure about usable tread life.

For deep snow or ice, get a second set of wheels (can be cheapy-cheap-cheap) and put some dedicated winter tires on them. Which one to pick depends on a lot of variables, but as a general rule of thumb: Bridgestone if you expect a lot of deep snow and slush; Michelin or Continental otherwise. Swap that set on for winter, and then go back to your all-season set for the rest of the year.

If you're one to shop for tires on price, remember the Pilot Sport All Season 4 and DWS 06 Plus will last 40k-50k miles barring suspension issues or burnouts. Even if you went with tires that cost half as much and last just as long, the savings would barely make a dent in your total operating costs over that time – but the difference in safety, confidence, and quality of driving experience would be staggering.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back