2017~2024 Need Part Numbers for CX-5 Right Rear Wheel Arch Clips

:
2020 CX5 Signature
Someone side-swiped and dashed my 2020 CX-5 Signature in a parking lot a week ago and I discovered that the Right Rear black wheel trim arch was damaged (in addition to the door panel).

Three of the mounts on the front of the arch that hold the clips that hold the arch to the body panel were sheared off, taking the clips with them. I'm pretty sure I'll need to replace the arch itself, if only to get one that has the mounts attached so I can put clips in.

The arch part number stamped on the arch is KB5W 51W51 which has been superseded by part KB7W-51-W50F or KB7W51W50F8N. Assuming they are all basically the same part, it is easily available.

What I can't find is the part number for the clips that hold the arch to the body.

There are two different color clips that mount to the arch: the first four starting at the rear and moving towards the center are green. The next five continuing to the front are blue. I don't know what color the last three on the front of the arch are as the clips and their mounts were sheared off.

Is there a difference between the blue and green clips? What are the part numbers for each color? What color clips are the first three on the front of the arch?

Attachments

• IMG_4280.jpeg
    IMG_4280.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4281.jpeg
    IMG_4281.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 81
If the clips have different color, they should have different part number. You can compare the other side to find out the color of the 3 missing clips. I’d just take the trim to a Mazda dealer and figure out the part number of these missing clips by the parts guy.

If the clips have different color, they should have different part number. You can compare the other side to find out the color of the 3 missing clips. I’d just take the trim to a Mazda dealer and figure out the part number of these missing clips by the parts guy.
Both good suggestions.

Perhaps I can see the Left Rear clip colors without taking off the trim as I would prefer to not have to take off the LR side trim. Also, I would like to know my total cost of purchase before going to the dealer.

Thanks for your time.

Both good suggestions.

Perhaps I can see the Left Rear clip colors without taking off the trim as I would prefer to not have to take off the LR side trim. Also, I would like to know my total cost of purchase before going to the dealer.

Thanks for your time.
Those clips should be cheap, $1~$3 each at most even from OEM. Comparing to the trim itself, they’re too cheap to waste your time trying to find any other alternatives IMO.

Most likely true.

Still, I'ld love to know the part numbers for the blue or green clips so I can check prices online where I will most likely purchase the wheel arch itself. Most online places want $114+ for the arch, some have it for as low as $68.

Most likely true.

Still, I'ld love to know the part numbers for the blue or green clips so I can check prices online where I will most likely purchase the wheel arch itself. Most online places want $114+ for the arch, some have it for as low as $68.
There’s no other places than a car dealer to find the most accurate part number. You just ask the parts guy to figure out the part numbers for the clips. You don’t have to buy trim and clips at your local Mazda dealer if its price is unreasonable.

The price usually is cheaper online for OEM parts. But for these small and cheap OEM parts sometimes I found it’s easier to get them at my dealer as the price difference won’t be huge, if you consider the expensive shipping from those online sellers nowadays.

There’s a list price, MSRP, which is set by Mazda North American Operations for all OEM parts. The online sellers usually sell the OEM parts with 20% ~ 35% off the MSRP as the dealer cost is 55% ~ 60% of the MSRP. If most online sellers sell the arch trim for $114+, you have to wonder if those $68 trims are the genuine OEM part. They may look a little different on color and fit from the OEM trim.

If most online sellers sell the arch trim for $114+, you have to wonder if those $68 trims are the genuine OEM part. They may look a little different on color and fit from the OEM trim.
An excellent point. The $68 part is from Mazda Car Parts Online; no indication that the part is OEM. For $2 more, Mazda Stuff says theirs is genuine OEM.

Mazda Stuff also show three different "type 4" clips and three different "type 5" clips for the wheel arch, with no indication as to which one go where. Given that I have three clips completely missing, I agree that going to the dealer for the correct parts appears to be necessary.

Again, thanks for your time.

Update on replacing the right rear wheel arch on the 2020 CX-5 Signature:

Following the advice given above, I purchased the wheel arch and the one missing blue clip (round base Part Number KB8A-51-W24A) from my local Mazda dealer. It was only a few dollars more than purchasing one from an online Mazda dealership once shipping was included.

To my suprise, the wheel arch came with all the necessary green and blue clips necessary for mounting. So now I have many extras for which if I'm lucky I'll never need.

Update on replacing the right rear wheel arch on the 2020 CX-5 Signature:

Following the advice given above, I purchased the wheel arch and the one missing blue clip (round base Part Number KB8A-51-W24A) from my local Mazda dealer. It was only a few dollars more than purchasing one from an online Mazda dealership once shipping was included.

To my suprise, the wheel arch came with all the necessary green and blue clips necessary for mounting. So now I have many extras for which if I'm lucky I'll never need.
Thanks for the update! You can always return the single blue clip you purchased from the dealer for a refund. ;)

Back