2018 CX-5 Rear arch trim replacement?

RL911

:
19 CX-5 touring
Anyone remove and replace the driver side rear wheel arch trim on a 2018 cx5? I think 2017/19 are the same. I have a couple of fasteners that broke off it and so it needs to be replaced. There is what appears to be a latch around the top of the trim, not sure yet how that is removed. I’m guessing otherwise it’s just a matter of pulling off the trim, inserting new fasteners and popping back on, but wanted to see if anyone has done it. I see videos for the front, but nothing for the rear, which is different.

i purchased this one off eBay:

thx

I purchased a rear right side wheel arch for a 2020 CX-5 from the dealer about a month ago for a few dollars more than ordering mail order and it came with all the fasteners already installed on the arch.

The mounts on the arch that the fasteners attach to aren't the strongest and they break moderately easily.

If I understand your situation correctly, you ordered a new arch; just pull off the old one and either using your old fasteners or the new ones that came with the arch and put the new one on.

Thx.
I purchased a rear right side wheel arch for a 2020 CX-5 from the dealer about a month ago for a few dollars more than ordering mail order and it came with all the fasteners already installed on the arch.

The mounts on the arch that the fasteners attach to aren't the strongest and they break moderately easily.

If I understand your situation correctly, you ordered a new arch; just pull off the old one and either using your old fasteners or the new ones that came with the arch and put the new one on.

There is this tab on mine toward the top of the arch. How is that removed?

Attachments

• IMG_0499.jpeg
    IMG_0499.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 97
Can't say I recall seeing such a tab on my wheel arch. Perhaps the 2018 version is different from the 2020.

Thx.

There is this tab on mine toward the top of the arch. How is that removed?
You can check the tab cut off area of the new arch trim and compare. I believe the tab has nothing to do with holding the trim. You can push or pull the tab toward the direction of the arrow and see if the tab would be falling off by itself.

Can't say I recall seeing such a tab on my wheel arch. Perhaps the 2018 version is different from the 2020.
The rear arch trim should be the same between 2018 and 2020 CX-5. The only thing could make the difference is the color black of the aftermarket trim from eBay can look a bit different from the OEM one.

Back