Need a spoilerless trunk for 3D scanning

tvanryn

:
2014 Mazda 6 Sport
I'm looking for a forum member who is near or in Lake Park, FL who will be willing to drop by the Renntech facility to have their spoilerless trunk 3D scanned. I'm going to be designing a more aggressive lip spoiler, possibly even a few different versions, and I need to get an accurate base to design from. If you have a spoiler, but are willing to have it removed and reinstalled that might work even better, as the bolt holes would be included as part of the scan.

If you're interested please PM me with your information so I can get it to the guys over there.

Thanks!

that's awesome! looking forward on your aggressive lip spoiler design! post pics once you have it 3d rendered in the computer!

I did find a guy that might work out. This won't be the fastest project ever, but it will turn out really cool!

I also think this would be a great idea. I'm sure everyone agrees that the OEM Lip is a tad to small. An aggressive rear lip will improve its already aggressive front.

My scanning guy at Renntech is asking if I have anybody's trunk to scan again. He's going to be scanning his G8 and should be able to run an M6 trunk at the same time. Anybody near Lake Park, FL interested?

I have a bunch of different ideas/designs. I want to keep them under wraps for now, there's nothing like a secret to keep people interested.

All of them would mount using the stock drilled holes and would mount on the back of the lid just like the stock lip. Once I get the scan data I'm planning on putting together some concept renders and having forum members here and on another forum I'm on vote on which ones they prefer. I also know a couple places that can do the production work, so maybe we could get a group buy going as well! Depending on pricing I'll probably be looking at FRP, ABS, and dry carbon for those who want some serious class.

Back