My MAZDASPEED3 has had no mechanical problems

Seems that everyone who comes on the forum sees 10,000,000 threads about tranny mounts, turbo seals, etc. breaking. How about a thread about all of us who have had no breakage. Aside from a freak rear windshield that was scratched to hell from the factory that was replaced under warranty my MS3 has had zero problems. I love driving this car and getting 24 mpg. That's what I averaged in my '00 Civic and this is WAAAAYYY more fun that that thing ever was. I won't even go into how much my '90 300ZX TT loved premium. This car mixes the performance of the Z with the economy of the Civic with way more practicality than both.

At any rate, back on topic...nobody posts about "Hey I drove 25 miles today and had zero problems" so lets get this one going.

I don't have my 2008.5 MS3 yet, but I just wanted to comment cause your profile name rulz.

I just hit 25K yesterday, and I have had no problems (knock on wood). It initially runs rough when it is cold outside where I sometimes get the horrid stutter that others have felt, but it only lasts about 5 seconds before all is well.

2k no problems. I made a thread about this before though. http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123699531

Weird. I never saw that thread. Oh well at least now there's two threads going about no problems. That's still about 9,999,998 fewer than the "my car is smoking" threads.

Kobyoshi, I've been using this screenname on a number of forums and luckily it's been free on all of them so far.

BTW, I forgot to add in my first post that I've got 5600 miles on my '08.

LETS DO A BIG KNOCK ON WOOD FOR ALL.

10k miles, mods in my signature, no CELs, no issues, performed 1 known recall (bolt under the battery tray).

Bump, updates with mileage would be great. I have a 2011 speed3 with 5000 miles and so far the car has been great.

I ran into a person who has a 2008 with 86k miles and he said he had no issues and was on the oem clutch as well. He was stock as well.

43k, light mods since 800 miles. No issues other than the radio recall and smoking twice when I was overdue for an oil change anyway.

Knock on wood. So far, so good. Only thing that had to be replaced was gas cap. Oil change every 3,000 miles (Mobil 1 Extended performance 5w-30). Stock spark plugs. Driven and WOT about five days a week. Mods have not been removed after install. I'm at 21k. Mods list with installation dates and miles car had at the moment of installation:

COBB AP-9/5/09 TUNED AT 18PSI-4/14/11
PG TURBO INLET-8/8/09
CPE NANO SRI-8/12/09
TURBOSMART BOV-4/3/09
H&R SPRINGS-11,500 MILES
TRZ DOG BONE-7/17/10
COBB FMIC-11/27/10 15,500 MILES
CPE HPFP-6/7/11 19,500 MILES

07' 79,960 miles. Not tired of the car yet!
Just put the first and really only mod on in the beginning of summer, short RAM intake that was purchased from another user. I love this car.
Did most of the regular maintenance, besides the cabin filter :)

07' 79,960 miles. Not tired of the car yet!
Just put the first and really only mod on in the beginning of summer, short RAM intake that was purchased from another user. I love this car.
Did most of the regular maintenance, besides the cabin filter :)

I have an '08 with almost 80k too. Not one single problem. I also love my car and have no plans to get rid of it :)

'08 with 54K miles. Only real mod is the AEM CAI I installed 2 years ago. Also, conventional oil every 4-5K miles. Zero problems, never been back to the dealer.
At 50K miles I wanted to do something nice for it so I changed the Gear lube to the Ford stuff. It does shift better and there have been a few cooler mornings in New England that I can tell the difference but now I've got a slight diff groan accelerating in tight quarters. Not a big deal but it didn't do it before so I'm not sure if I would have just been happier with the old gear oil.

Hope to drive it for many more years. Car is a ton of fun and has been cheap to own (so far).

2008.5 - 26K miles. No problems. Previous owner smacked a curb and had control arm replaced. Wheel bearing was bad when I got it due to accident. Replaced under warranty. Coming form the DSM world my 10K miles of no work required is phenomenal.

2008.5 - 40,000 miles on it , no problems. Best car i ever owned, average between 24-26 mpg combined hwy and city.

2007 with 60K miles. No issues other than a serpentine belt tensioner that died at 17K. Other than that (and the motor mount recall) it's been bulletproof.

Back