My latest mod.....

Apocalypso

Contributor
:
2002 P5
So, I got a little fed up with the stock Protege horn. My friend's car Eleanor was about to go into retirement, so..........

Out with the old:
old.jpg

In with the new:
New.jpg

These massive beauties were donated off of a 1989 Buick Park Avenue. Each one is tuned to a different note.

Now my P5 sounds like a bloody freight train! I couldn't be happier!

(Had I been smart, I would have taken a picture that actually compares the size difference. Oh well. I'm dumb)

Last edited:
I'll get some sound tomorry.

I was driving down the highway. Starting honking the horn, started laughing so hard I was having trouble steering. I love it. (yippy)

can you take a few pics of how and where you mounted? I hate my horn and thinking of doin the same thing

nice, i got the fiam loud airhorn, it's not that much louder but a little deeper, i gotta go back to a junkyard and get a real horn

Okay. Here's a couple more pics of the horny horns under my hood, as well as a video clip of the sound.

Attachments

• Horns.jpg
    Horns.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 247
  • Seperate horns.jpg
    Seperate horns.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Horns.avi
    1.2 MB · Views: 345
lol, awesome.... I hate that stock horn, it doesnt really inflict fear very well.

it's a pretty good mod.. time for me to go to pull-a-part

very nice! I think this weekend a trip to the salvage yard is in order ... I'm thinking 70ish Caddy horn(s) lol

That sounds great.

I've been meaning to get a better sounding horn. This one dude at a past autocross event had a fire truck horn complete with air tank and compressor in the trunk. When he crossed the finish line, he blew it every time. LOL

Yeah. I was thinking about going the air compressed route, but then realized that I'm too lazy. Plug and play is more than good enough for me!

Back