My Civic Si Build

Now, I do have plans to purchase a project/track car in the future. That will be a whole new game once I start shopping for it. (And Miata is on the list of possibilities.)

There are a few good ones. 5th and 6th gen Civics are good if you can deal with front wheel drive (I can't, I hate it). Miatas are popular. E30 BMWs are great too. Another hot little car is the Datsun 240/260/280Z. All great cars with tremendous possibilities for modding. Make sure you can repair rust, with those. The most recent Camaros/Firebirds can do a lot of horses for relatively little with their easily moddable LS1s. Suspension is a bit, ok, very bad but nothing some good steel and a welder couldn't solve if you want to make your own rear end. E36 BMWs aren't as awesome as E30s. Way heavier. They all make good track cars, though.

Not sure how much track experience you and Frost Nixon have, but a Miata would make a great track car for a beginner: cheap, plenty of mods, not too much power to get you in trouble, and with so many track Miatas out there already, you're not reinventing the wheel.
I only have virtual experience with the track (Forza, GT, etc. (lol2)), and with that, the Miata is among my favorites. There are also the practical reasons that you listed, with the exception of too much power factor (rant) (Not that I necessarily need a powerful car. I did elect to purchase a naturally aspirated engine over a turbo, after all.). It also doesn't hurt that it is rear wheel drive, has perfect weight distribution, and is a Mazda.
There are a few good ones. 5th and 6th gen Civics are good if you can deal with front wheel drive (I can't, I hate it). Miatas are popular. E30 BMWs are great too. Another hot little car is the Datsun 240/260/280Z. All great cars with tremendous possibilities for modding. Make sure you can repair rust, with those. The most recent Camaros/Firebirds can do a lot of horses for relatively little with their easily moddable LS1s. Suspension is a bit, ok, very bad but nothing some good steel and a welder couldn't solve if you want to make your own rear end. E36 BMWs aren't as awesome as E30s. Way heavier. They all make good track cars, though.
The old civics are cool, particularly the hatches, but I don't know if I need two civics (shady). I would love to own a Fairlady! It's on my list, but I don't know if I could bring myself to gut it and track it. I wouldn't want to go BMW because everything for a BMW seems overpriced to me, but an old VW Bug would be tons of fun. No Camaro/Firebird for me. I don't buy American cars.

There is only room for one project car in my driveway. So, unless I buy a new house, the exact car needs to be a very careful decision.

Wow, great stuff. What I would have done given the choice is get the regular Civic for everyday use and whatnot. Then get an MS3. But I really like your Civic it's sick. Keep those mods comin'!

how come i dont see the girls face.,.,lol.,.,another civic story.,.,.,looks gud.,.,

what an awesome build. keep up the good job! i hate hondas but i love the new si, especially yours!

Wow, great stuff. What I would have done given the choice is get the regular Civic for everyday use and whatnot. Then get an MS3. But I really like your Civic it's sick. Keep those mods comin'!
But the r18 is not that much cheaper than the Si, so it would be a shame :(
how come i dont see the girls face.,.,lol.,.,another civic story.,.,.,looks gud.,.,
o.o
what an awesome build. keep up the good job! i hate hondas but i love the new si, especially yours!
awww. Why do you hate Hondas?! My Si is my first experience with a Honda and WOW, I can't get enough vtec.
"I jump in my car and vtec down to the office."

haha!
exactly! Today, I vteced to work with the windows down!

I used to have an '07 Si, but it wasn't fast enough for me :D

You next upgrade should be a race header

I used to have an '07 Si, but it wasn't fast enough for me :D

You next upgrade should be a race header
I will probably eventually buy the vibrant header with high flow cat. But I just finished my next upgrade a few minutes ago! New shoes!
If she had a faster car, I think she'd be in jail right now! (wrc)

I'm not allowed to take the MS3 out on my own. No idea why.
gaygiggle.gif

Are those new wheels Honda wheels? Or did you just get lucky and were able to reuse the Honda center caps?

What type of tires did you go with? Looks like you might have got lucky and got the yellow dot almost lined up with the valve stem on that one wheel above. The yellow dot corresponds to the lightest part of the tire. To minimize wheel weights, you are suppose to line that up with the valve stem.

These are Honda Factory Performance rims, so the Hs came with them. :) They are wrapped in 215/40ZR-18 Sumitomo HTR Z III. So far, I'm happy with my Sumitomos, but they are still a little slippery, since I'm breaking them in.

The rims are actually for 06-07 civics, so I had to get a little creative fitting my TPMS sensors, so I guess I lucked out all around!

I might go 225 the second time around.

Wow, you've done a great write up. I'm really jealous and at the same time impressed, you're car is already awesome in a matter of a few months.
I test drove a new SI while my protege was getting fixed, I ripped vtec from 1st through 3rd gear and the salesman in the car said, "Damn, I guess you know what your doing, huh."
LoL

I would most likely buy the the HFP kit too if I had an SI, its not super low but still looks great especially with the 18" factory rims.

Ive never seen agirl do so much work herself. i give u props, and a little leg hump.
W00t! Props!
Wow, you've done a great write up. I'm really jealous and at the same time impressed, you're car is already awesome in a matter of a few months.
I test drove a new SI while my protege was getting fixed, I ripped vtec from 1st through 3rd gear and the salesman in the car said, "Damn, I guess you know what your doing, huh."
LoL

I would most likely buy the the HFP kit too if I had an SI, its not super low but still looks great especially with the 18" factory rims.

Hahaha! I think I scared the salesman during my test drive. Naturally, I acted completely unimpressed with the Si, but I also hit vtec in every gear and took some corners hard . . .

And now vtec sounds SO much meaner with my SRI and cat-back.

I love the HFP front, but am not satisfied with the rest, so I'm saving up for Mugen Si sides and rear.

And thanks! I'm really happy with where my build is right now.

Nice man. I didn't get to see all the pictures (slow connection at work) I'll have to finish up when I get home. I've always been a huge fan of the 4dr SI.

^ Yea, I am a little crazy with the pictures.

Nice Datsun! Is it rude to call it cute? I've always wanted to start a 280Z build. MS6s are cool too, but it seems silly to mention that in a Mazda forum.

Nice writeup, I couldn't view the pictures (school internet) but I'll look at them once I get home. :)

Very Clean civic. Doing it up right and its good to see girls that actually do most of the wrench time. Keep it up.(cool)

Back