My 1980 Mazda 626 build..

if you go with the v6 you mite have to go with a diffrent suspension set up in the front, to handle the weight and keep it at the same height as the back!

Screw it, drop in a honking V6 with ITBs and turn it into a drift machine.

Personally the JE 929 swap wouldnt even cross my mind just because of space and no after market and I agree with you as far as Fk rotary fuel economy.. I say BPTurbo. Simple, Cheap, and more than enough power potential

Personally the JE 929 swap wouldnt even cross my mind just because of space and no after market and I agree with you as far as Fk rotary fuel economy.. I say BPTurbo. Simple, Cheap, and more than enough power potential

Honestly with the JE, i would be happy with the stock setup 200hp/tq out of a dohc v6 would be very satisfying for me. And just the whole idea of trying a whole different approach with a mazda swap. But the JE's measurements are very wide, and fitting may or may not work, and i cant fund enough to take that chance! But I have indeed sourced a miata 1.8 for a great price, so within the week we should see some buying soon!

plan is 1.8 miata bp, no wires shown, and A/c all installed. And by the summer turbo! should be so fun! would love to be able to find a 6speed trans for long highway trips for gas mileage.

^ in that case good choice in motor. Can't wait to see this build progress as mine has stalled because of lack of funds. Keep us updated!

I want the pics as a wallpaper to my laptop but I need the original higher res pics. I couldn't find them on southrnfresh.com =/

I used the second as my background

the plan is to drive it and enjoy it to its capacity! taking it out for some drifting sessions would be a blast when its done!

For what it's worth, the NB 6 speed trans gearing blows and won't help enough on the highway... it's like taking a 5 speed and jamming another gear in there so you end up shifting too frequently for an engine that has enough torque and wide power range.

I'd look into swapping in a FC RX-7 5th gear...

Back