MSP radio wiring harness

PSUENGR

:
2003.5 MSP
Does anyone know where you can buy a wiring harness to install an aftermarket radio into a MSP? I've searched plenty and all I can find is that it is indeed different from the standard protege as it need to fit the standard Kenwood connector.

A link or manufacturer and part number would be appreciated...

Sorry, no experience to relate for you. Hope someone can chime in soon for ya.

I'm still rocking the OEM Kenwood deck and yes, I still have a flip-phone too!

Still using the stock Kenwood as well but did the ribbon repair about 6 months ago and last week the radio randomly restarted twice and the face went blank again for 10 seconds or so. If it craps out again I'm done with it and want to be prepared so I'm not without a radio for 2 months like last time.

I have a BRAND spanking new in the original case faceplate for the factory Kenwood stereo still in the plastic wrapper. I even have the laminated instructions for how to use it that came with the cars when they were new. Would anyone be interested in that? I have no use for it

They do make female 'reverse' harnesses to install a different deck to the kenwood wiring, I can't find a link right now but they are available.

Last edited:
I have a BRAND spanking new in the original case faceplate for the factory Kenwood stereo still in the plastic wrapper. I even have the laminated instructions for how to use it that came with the cars when they were new. Would anyone be interested in that? I have no use for it

They do make female 'reverse' harnesses to install a different deck to the kenwood wiring, I can't find a link right now but they are available.

My faceplate is perfect, it's something with the head unit I believe. I'm sure someone else might need a face plate, but I would really appreciate if you could dig up a link for a harness. All i can find is one for the regular protege which I believe is not the same.

I asked crutchfield customer support and got NO help at all but I know the harnesses were available my car has one installed.

Does anyone have a photo of the rear of the deck or the plug inside the car? I really don't want to take the radio out, but it would be easier to find the right adapter if I knew what it was supposed to look like.

just google kenwood harness or connector, all aftermarket stereos have a similar looking plug.

i am not sure... but my made in china gps deck has a harness with the kit

just follow the color wiring , everything will work fine,

except when i turn on night driving mode(the dash light and rear brake light), it will trigger rear backing camera.(which cant be used with radio and/or gps at the same time)

i think all the double din deck harness is universal, u can use any of them for protege

Does anyone know where you can buy a wiring harness to install an aftermarket radio into a MSP? I've searched plenty and all I can find is that it is indeed different from the standard protege as it need to fit the standard Kenwood connector.

A link or manufacturer and part number would be appreciated...

Go to Best Buy man that's where i bought mine its an Adapter that plugs right into the plug Coming off of the Radio wiring harness it Plugs right in and works instantly. there like $15.00 and that"s a good deal

Go to Best Buy man that's where i bought mine its an Adapter that plugs right into the plug Coming off of the Radio wiring harness it Plugs right in and works instantly. there like $15.00 and that"s a good deal

Are you sure? The p5 has a standard Mazda radio and the harness is different than a msp. I've called a couple local stereo places and none have one for the msp and don't show anything their system either. Just like crutchfield....

Bump this for the hell of it, but pretty sure there are the same 5 people lurking around nowadays.

Back