MSP HELP! rough idle, loss of power not sure. please help

I called the dealer and they told me it could be out of timing. And that makes sense because I didn't have this issue until I had my engine rebuilt

When I bought my car, I found out that I was getting 12 mpgs. I took it to a local mechanic (bad idea) and they told me my maf sensor was bad. I think they said it was stuck on 2V or something. I had them replace it and nothing changed. I was so pissed so I had them put the old sensor back on. But would this explain my loss of power when the car is warmed up? It seems like when I stomp on the throttle and it's warmed up, the car is hesitating. Boost is building and turbo is spooling, but the car takes it's time to catch on. How can I check maf myself to see if it's bad? are they easy to replace? I know they aren't cheap from experience.. I still have yet to reload ssafc map, waiting for money for wideband

You can not find MAF sensors at a parts store. They require you to ship off your old one and have it rebuilt. Its only 2 hose clamps that hold it on the intake piping. You can get new ones on ebay for like $120. I bought one for mine after I sucked up some water in a flash flood a few months ago. You will really know when it is out, it will hardly run. In my case with water condensation it would idle fine then as soon as it would get close to 0 atmospheric pressure and start boosting it will jurk and pop from the water molecules hitting the wire.

This may be a long shot but there may potentially be moisture in your engine. Try using sea foam. I had similar problems and sea foam seemed to have a profound effect.

Any updates black n yellow? My mods are different but symptoms are identical.. After reading this whole thread I'd say it has something to do with the ecu..

Just to double check, should the stock BPV be facing towards the front of the car (towards radiator), or towards the back (towards throttle body)? I'm still searching for the solution to my bad idle and just double checking everything.

Ok so random long-in-the-making update to my own little addition to this thread.
(recap: intermittent, recurring misfires particularly under moderate to heavy throttle & going through plugs/coil packs/plug wires like crazy)

Discovered one of the valve cover bolt holes holding down a coil pack was totally stripped out & the 2nd hole (same pack) was getting bad as well. Coil pack didn't seem loose, but must not have been secure under vibration.
Replaced the valve cover with one from the boards & presto the car runs better than it has for ages.

Much relief!

Can I bring this back? Was this ever fixed..? I am not boosted but have the exact same problems, leaving it to parts that our cars have in common..I am going to try and clean the MAF this week, and I will try the EGR trick, but it hasn't fully worked for you guys it seems.. I'll check all my bolts while I'm at it... but how do you tellift the cool packs are bad?

If they are completely fried it will misfire and throw a CEL, otherwise they can fail over time and never throw a light.

*THREAD REVIVAL*

I'm experiencing the same thing. Did any one ever get this resolved? Was it the bolts on the valve cover that holds the coil packs? Was it the coil packs themselves?

Back