MSP HELP! rough idle, loss of power not sure. please help

I found a screw on the throttle body that was hissing at me and I tightened it and it quit hissing like a vacum leak. Idk what the screw is , I didn't notice any difference . Also , I messed with the IACV and it fixed my rough idle , it just took a Allen wrench to tighten and loosen it

The screw is the idle air bypass screw, make sure it isn't too tight that the car will still idle but it won't fall out while driving.

Let me know if its the wastegate. Thanks and I don't have a boost gage. I know I have a bolt missing where the exhaust manifold bolts to the block because it broke off but the intake is real tight on there ill go through and make sure everything is on properly and check for the codes. As for the fuel cut it wouldn't have to do with the fuel filter? Just the 02 and maf reading wrong?
i was told it could be a vacum leak mine is getting fix monday..

So I thought. My car was idling rough and driving like crap because of the whole in my cold pipe but I bought new pipes from corksport and it didn't fix the problem. Would the maf make a difference on the cold pipe? Or what other symptoms would go on if the timing belt was not put on right? Rough idle and loss of power like a lag while accelerating

Also check your exhaust manifold bolts. I replaced 2 the other day that were missing. And to my surprise I found my vacuum leak. I had been searching for. There is a line coming straight up off the throttle body that was brittle and snapped completely off. Now she is as good as new again. I also cleaned the iac valve like I mentioned earlier in yourthread. Idle improved a bit but it was the vacuum leak

wanting to bring this thread back to life. i replaced my egr valve today and i still have what feels like a boost leak so im stumped on this issue. i havent changed my wires and now im starting to wonder if my watesgate is bad or something. i alreday replaced my wategate actuator and it wasnt for a msp but it still works. someone on a how to thread said we could use a silvia wategate i think, so thats what i did. i also replace the intake manifold gasket, and the throttle body gasket. i need some input before i spend all money on a haltech and a tune

no, it didnt, not for me anyway. maybe i just got a bad one or something, but ive tried testing it and its fine so im stumped

I'm not going to read through eight pages... Boost gauge? Psi?

All you people are running 20+in of vacuum... I've never read above 19hg... And that's basing it off of my boost/vacuum gauge AND a Snap-On vacuum gauge. If I turn my AC on, I'll pull 16hg. No vacuum leaks- I've smoke tested the s*** out of my car on various occassisons.

Well my boost guage is right where it should be because when I hook up my laptop to the ssafc it tells me the same thing

Back