msp gauge mounting?

Wildside

:
2003 msp production #121
Im looking to see if you guys know of any other gauge pods made for the msp besides the a pillar style like maybe a dash mounted type like in the subies or console mounted or something and help is appreciated :)

picked this off of 323. i dont know if they are still made but you can get them in single and double.
IMAG0051.jpg

I have a steering column pod, you can get the cluster surround pod like mebarsh has in single or dual or you can get a DIN gauge holder to go below the radio where the pocket is that can hold up to 3 gauges. Others have made custom setups or just use the pillars, personally I don't like pillar gauges.

I have a steering column pod, you can get the cluster surround pod like mebarsh has in single or dual or you can get a DIN gauge holder to go below the radio where the pocket is that can hold up to 3 gauges. Others have made custom setups or just use the pillars, personally I don't like pillar gauges.

Any links to a vendor where I could purchase either of these pods?

U just need to keep your eyes peeled in the fs section. The steering column pod and gauge bezels are custom and pop up every so often but don't last to long. Ppl pick them up fast. Demand and price are high but quantity is low.

bBALnK

http://flic.kr/p/bBALnK

Last edited:
picked this off of 323. i dont know if they are still made but you can get them in single and double.

Any links to vendors? Whats that actually called? or key words to search on google? Im liking that setup.

There are no vendors. They were custom made. Last person I seen making them was ForceFed. They were called single or dual gauge bezel.
Here's the picture of the link i posted earlier.
6966428125_801689b489_b.jpg

In the picture.
3 gauge pillar pod
Custom dual gauge cluster surround
ForceFed steering column pod

Last edited:
jesus five gauges!? what are they all? you got two boost gauges for the hell of it or something?

haha... i'm pretty riced out... that's not even an updated pic... i added three more to a custom radio bezel... i just love gauges...

AEM tru-boost
AEM wideband
AEM voltage
Prosport Oil Pressure
Prosport Fuel Pressure
PLX OBDII Scan Gauge

here's another shot
minus the PLX gauge thats currently mounted on the steering column
7089462295_80abb3d2c0_b.jpg

^ they look pretty sick i'm not gonna lie. esp the AEM column gauges. kinda gives a modernized/unique feel to the interior

I'll end up with atleast 4 gauges. Maybe 5 lol we will see. I have 2 in my gauge surround pods the Stewart warner boost gauge has been replaced by a prosport EVO boost gauge since this pic
IMAG0526.jpg

230+k miles!? WOW! Sweet... So I'm about to throw in a boost guage today on my a-pillar. Is there a good 'how to' other than the one already posted in the how to section, that one seems a bit confusing wiring wise.

I'm thinking of grabbing illumination from my stereo rather than the dimmer control switch - any ideas pointers??

That's an old pic......I'm at 247k miles....

And biz no, they are yukib polished rings. I got them from 2.0tspeed last time he was gonna sell his car.

And mebarsh, mine came with the car.

I still don't understand why ppl run turbo timers anymore.

Maybe because my turbo doesn't stop spinning for up to 2minutes after the engine stops. Heck idk I just think its cool. Actually haven't used it for the entire (Hawaii) winter season. But I'm going to start using it again after I get my car running again.

Probably is a waste of time. Heck ur supposed to warm up your car before driving why not let it cool down before you turn it off. Haha I haven't done any of those two things and look where my engine is now(getting forged and head work).

Anywho I'll post a pic next week of another custom part where I stuck 3 temp gauges.

Last edited:
well even tho this is a gauge mounting discussion thread...

i have a turbo timer, it came with my MSP. i used to use it when i'd drive to work 45 miles (about an hour) away... down 476. when you're steady cruzin @ 80mph+ it's def not a bad idea to cool down the turbo before shutting it off. i've seen the beneficial effects first hand.

mine are going here

IMG-20120327-00124.jpg

if needed ill build a gauge cluster too, but don't see the need for more then 3 gauges in my car right now.

Back