MS3 ECU reflash rumor - is it true?

flyrevs

:
2013 MS3 Silver
MS3 ECU reflash rumor - is it true? Can anybody confirm this? Supposedly gets rid of some of the boost limit in 3rd gear.

Thanks

Try rolling into boost while cruising in the 3rd gear and tell me theres no 3rd gear boost limiting(shady)

As for whether there is a reflash to fix it. I'm not sure. I'd call my dealer and ask them but they're utterly useless.

oh. That's common with every turbo car I've driven. I had my VW ECM reflashed and guess what? Still had it.

If this is the same reflash that they are doing on the speed6s it's supposedly a reflash that keeps the power cut from the car sensing knock to go down by pulling timing. People have complained on their boards about power loss, not gain.

dcomiskey said:
I'd just like a re-flash to stop our cars from running so damn rich.
WOW, shades of days gone by...sounds like 03 with the MSP's :)

Last edited:
jdmls88 said:
haha dude more air/boost will lean out the car, not a reflash

-yashooa sick project your working on

Not trying to spark an argument or anything, but doesn't the cobb accesport tune through using a reflash?

lol i believe you can, my bad but i feel dcomiskey didnt mean what he said so i poke fun. All fun and games

jdmls88 said:
lol i believe you can, my bad but i feel dcomiskey didnt mean what he said so i poke fun. All fun and games

That's what it's all about, I was just noting I thought you could in fact lean out a car by use of a reflash.

According to CP-E, the MAZDASPEED 3 CAI artificially leans out the A/F ratio because of the improperly designed MAF housing. Maybe it's really the fact that they designed the car to run best on the upgraded intake/Exhaust.

Speedy3 said:
According to CP-E, the MAZDASPEED 3 CAI artificially leans out the A/F ratio because of the improperly designed MAF housing. Maybe it's really the fact that they designed the car to run best on the upgraded intake/Exhaust.
the car was designed for tuning, maybe they had that in mind^^

They have a mazdaspeed version of the ms3. They showed it to press on laguna seca. It's prolly what they wanted to sell but no way anybody can drive it SAFELY, so they downgraded it to our ms3... Its still not a bad car stock... pig rich but still good imo.

I just had the MS CAI installed yesterday. I talked to the Mazda techs and they said the ECU is reprogrammed during a MS CAI install. In fact, they said it was very important to do it so A/F is properly maintained.

so what exactly did they say the reflash did? just correct the a/f ratio? or do they also add the much rumored torque limiter in 3rd

I asked what it was for...and they said for adjusting the A/F mix. (They didn't know it was required at the beginning of the install.)

They went on to say... "The computer now knows there is a CAI installed." Whatever that means beyond the stated A/F portion is nebulous.

They made no mention at all about changing the torque / gear limitations.

Back