MPINick stage1 turbo upgrade

Well for psi per psi, that turbo is making more power. Dinospeed, Dean, made like 334 on 15 psi or so? I know tehre area a couple potatoes out there running 15. Bottom line, we need dyno sheets.

wicked said:
these are both good upgrades for the MSP

BLKZOOMZOOM,first,I recived the package today,
second,

you are seeing more 400hp stage 1s because those cars intended to make that power,I have not seen a fs-de with a disco try for that kind of power yet,it's a matter of time till we do.

I will have mine up there next year,but for now it's going to stay were it's at,I have to finish building this head,and take care of a few trans things.

Moeed said:
Well for psi per psi, that turbo is making more power. Dinospeed, Dean, made like 334 on 15 psi or so? I know tehre area a couple potatoes out there running 15. Bottom line, we need dyno sheets.

a dynosheet won't take into account of how differently engine are built,ie,what comp ratio,cam,tune,exhaust design,porting.........................

there are a lot of veriables.

the GT28RS is better on paper,so you can't say that the 25 is some magic turbo,and defies what we know about turbos.

if they are running the same wheel and the 25 has a 33% smaler housing,then yes it can flow as much as a 28,it just has to run at 33% faster RPM,this is what will limit it in higher HP later,as well as higher RPM.

this is also the reason why they seem to take about the same to spool,because it has to get to a higher revalution to keep the same boost as a 28.

these are basic,principles

thing that cannot be denied

ah yes, but the fact remains Nick's turbo upgrade are still faster, so keep your logic and be slower and we will always look at you from the rearview or until you just fall out of sight in the distant sunset...

and when you get to the end of the race we will have drank all the booze and banged all the playboy bunnies and you can have our sloppy seconds (thumb) (deadhorse (poke)

wicked said:
a dynosheet won't take into account of how differently engine are built,ie,what comp ratio,cam,tune,exhaust design,porting.........................

there are a lot of veriables.

the GT28RS is better on paper,so you can't say that the 25 is some magic turbo,and defies what we know about turbos.

if they are running the same wheel and the 25 has a 33% smaler housing,then yes it can flow as much as a 28,it just has to run at 33% faster RPM,this is what will limit it in higher HP later,as well as higher RPM.

this is also the reason why they seem to take about the same to spool,because it has to get to a higher revalution to keep the same boost as a 28.

these are basic,principles

thing that cannot be denied

your treating this like it's a mine is bigger kind of thing,just look at the facts,they are right there in front of you.

I spent a long while looking at a lot of turbos before I went for the disco,andI heavily considered nicks upgrade,since it would have saved me money,and I was already going through nick for my S-block,MPI,injectors,..............

I KNOW the disco is a higher flowing turbo then any of the 25 series.

think of it as a fan,using one fan pushing through a funnel,will it flow more through a 1" funnel,or a 2" funnel?

apocman said:
ah yes, but the fact remains Nick's turbo upgrade are still faster, so keep your logic and be slower and we will always look at you from the rearview or until you just fall out of sight in the distant sunset...

and when you get to the end of the race we will have drank all the booze and banged all the playboy bunnies and you can have our sloppy seconds (thumb) (deadhorse (poke)

remember the real fact is " is doesn't matter what we have as long as we are happy!!!!"

wya to much thinking in this thread, lets just get drunk and post until we pass out... I think that would result in some pretty funny s***...(poke) :)

wicked said:
your treating this like it's a mine is bigger kind of thing,just look at the facts,they are right there in front of you.

I spent a long while looking at a lot of turbos before I went for the disco,andI heavily considered nicks upgrade,since it would have saved me money,and I was already going through nick for my S-block,MPI,injectors,..............

I KNOW the disco is a higher flowing turbo then any of the 25 series.

think of it as a fan,using one fan pushing through a funnel,will it flow more through a 1" funnel,or a 2" funnel?

apocman said:
remember the real fact is " is doesn't matter what we have as long as we are happy!!!!"

wya to much thinking in this thread, lets just get drunk and post until we pass out... I think that would result in some pretty funny s***...(poke) :)

sounds like a good plan,but I am not drinking tonight,I'm out.

tomarrow on the other hand(cheers)

Moeed said:

BTW,wasn't he running 9.1 to 1 comp anyway?

that would explain his higher HP nubers with lower boost.

Oh yeah. 1 point of compression is going to make That much difference....Not.

It's all about the complete set-up. Period.

BlkZoomZoom said:
Oh yeah. 1 point of compression is going to make That much difference....Not.

It's all about the complete set-up. Period.

well,most are running 8.5,compared to his 9.1,makes a huge difference.

and I know it's about the complete setup,I have stated it many times in this thread.
but it's not about that anyway,this thread is about the 2 turbos

wicked said:
well,most are running 8.5,compared to his 9.1,makes a huge difference.

and I know it's about the complete setup,I have stated it many times in this thread.
but it's not about that anyway,this thread is about the 2 turbos

Just curious how much hp do you think is gained by .5 points of compression?

lol. In that case my 410cuin stroker is gonna be 10:1 instead of 8:1 with 10psi...so instead of 800hp it will be 2000hp!!!!!

GOSH, LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlkZoomZoom said:
lol. In that case my 410cuin stroker is gonna be 10:1 instead of 8:1 with 10psi...so instead of 800hp it will be 2000hp!!!!!

wicked said:
these are both good upgrades for the MSP

BLKZOOMZOOM,first,I recived the package today,
second,

you are seeing more 400hp stage 1s because those cars intended to make that power,I have not seen a fs-de with a disco try for that kind of power yet,it's a matter of time till we do.

I will have mine up there next year,but for now it's going to stay were it's at,I have to finish building this head,and take care of a few trans things.

pdhaudio's car is running a 28rs with a standalone and he made around 350whp at somewhere around 20psi. Nicks turbo made 330whp at 15psi with the little ol MPI. 5psi only gets another 20whp???? That's is pretty good proof there, but I know, their mods may be different. But 330whp @15psi is crazy, and yes he was running race gas, intercooler sprayer and an exhaust cutout. But I believe pdh's was on race gas too. Dollar for dollar, Nicks upgarde sounds better. If you want to upgrade and don't want to spend over a grand, then do Nicks stage 1. If you're into a size is better then get the 28rs, they are both kick as turbo setups, much better the my POS 8psi @ 3700RPM T3/T4(notcool)

Last edited:
BlkZoomZoom said:

exactly,and I just bump the comp ratio in my 383 strocker,cause the 450hp wasn't enough out a small block,I wanted to get 1500 from a small block on 87 oct.(thumb)

Back