MP3/FS-ZE Dyno

We have two intake runners? Where are they? My friend and I found one today...it was on the passenger side...toward the back of the engine bay. It seems to kick in around 6K under full throttle.

Kooldino said:
We have two intake runners? Where are they? My friend and I found one today...it was on the passenger side...toward the back of the engine bay. It seems to kick in around 6K under full throttle.

that big aluminum looking tank hanging off the engine towards the back of the engine bay is the intake plenum. in between the plenum and the head are two SETS of intake runners (one set of longer ones, one set of shorter ones) which optimize torque over the operating range. there is a valve between the two that switches from one to the other around 3500-4000 rpm.

I'm gonna bring it back again. Looking to swap the FSZE into my old p5 with an MP3 ECU. From reading this..it'll work but not w/ the power gains as expected.

If I sourced a JDM ecu and harness..I should be ok right? Nothing else needs to be done? What about all the little electronics in the car? HVAC? Windows? Cruise? Gauges? Will they work accordingly?

Either way the FS-ZE would be alot more reliable then doing a turbo for the main fact that it is all motor

Either way the FS-ZE would be alot more reliable then doing a turbo for the main fact that it is all motor

if your only looking for the same power output as the fs-ze, then a small turbo kit would deff. be very easy to make that power and the engine would be plenty reliable.

i think the best option for engine management for the fs ze motor is to get a standalone like the haltech or something. in the end it would be alot easier to obtain maximum power out of the engine. besides, who says the jdm ecu does obtain the most potential?

its deff. alot easier and more benificial to get a standalone. you can also take advantages of bolt ons you throw on the fsze and maybe the car would really open up

I'm gonna bring it back again. Looking to swap the FSZE into my old p5 with an MP3 ECU. From reading this..it'll work but not w/ the power gains as expected.

If I sourced a JDM ecu and harness..I should be ok right? Nothing else needs to be done? What about all the little electronics in the car? HVAC? Windows? Cruise? Gauges? Will they work accordingly?

The harness and ECU for a JDM FS-ZE is no good, it is an OBDI, if I remember correctly.

Current Protege is OBDII.

I did some research today, and it looks like Haltech may be the way for me to go. AEM has a plug-n-play system in development for proteges, but are behind on current developments. Haltech USA is here in Dallas, and there are quite a few folks who can tune it. Maybe next Paycheck?:D

FOCUS have a full running MSP with a FS-ZE, you should ask him how he did it...

here is the thread where you can find a video and info..

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123713577

Back