motor build?

Why go that big for injectors? I hadn't even maxed out 600's at over 30psi of boost.
How much hp were u getting at 30psi? Im shooting for around 400 and they told me 1000cc is good for headroom to work with. What kind of injectors are u running maxx? Im thinking of going with injector dynamics. Im prob gonna end up ordering platinum 1000 haltech

On a side note mazda took my car back into the shop to install a second new harness which is now still the wrong harness even after contacting mazda engineering. The new harness now causes a PO850 code for park neutral switch which is only for automatic cars. Anyone have any idea what to do?

On a side note mazda took my car back into the shop to install a second new harness which is now still the wrong harness even after contacting mazda engineering. The new harness now causes a PO850 code for park neutral switch which is only for automatic cars. Anyone have any idea what to do?
yeah. install it yourself. lols.

just tell them to get a manual harness with abs( i think your speeds have abs). how hard is that?

Lol i just went back today and they s*** a brick. All pissed they installed the wring harness for the second time causing it to throw 2 codes and run like s***. Po507 idle controll system higher than expected rpm and po850 park neutral position switch input circuit. So turns out the harness they put in on monday is for an automatic. There ordering a 3rd harness now.

Lol i just went back today and they s*** a brick. All pissed they installed the wring harness for the second time causing it to throw 2 codes and run like s***. Po507 idle controll system higher than expected rpm and po850 park neutral position switch input circuit. So turns out the harness they put in on monday is for an automatic. There ordering a 3rd harness now.
lols. i love when i'm right.

1000cc is overkill. Good luck tuning for your idle.

I use SARD drop in injectors.

For 400whp you should be OK with 600cc injectors on pump gas. Do you plan on using pump gas or E85?

I made 300whp on my Civic with 450cc dsm blue tops, but that was the upper limit of them. Some people say to keep the duty cycle below 85%, but you should probably discuss this with your tuner.

I think im just gonna go with 725cc ones injector dynamics. Im planning to just use pump gas or possibley race fuel lol

We can't get E85 here in Alberta. 750's may still be difficult to tune idle. Your pulse is going to be SO short. Injectors need to be sized to the application, it's not a "bigger is better" scenario. I laugh when people brag about how big their injectors are.

Look at rx7s. They have smaller primaries for startup and idle and larger ones for big boost. Maxx is right, you gotta have it all set up with the perfect parts to make proper power. It's not just throw on a bucket of parts and see if they work togethers.

Ya i understand its not just throw on a bucket of parts. I talked to the shop that will be tuning it and they told me they should have no problem tuning it to run and idle nice even with 1000cc injectors as long as i run the haltech platinum 1000 ecu. Maxx has a point but at the same time what ems are u running maxx?

We can't get E85 here in Alberta. 750's may still be difficult to tune idle. Your pulse is going to be SO short. Injectors need to be sized to the application, it's not a "bigger is better" scenario. I laugh when people brag about how big their injectors are.
I was never under the impression that only bigger is better. Its just that i talked to the tuning shop and they said they should have no problem tuning with 1000cc injectors im not trying to say anyone here is wrong im just trying to talk to as many people as possible on top of reading about everything. If 1000cc is way to big i probabley wont get them currently though im getting a bunch of different opinions.

I ran sequential with 600cc's, and never went above 85% duty cycle at over 30psi. Don't forget, use smaller injectors and run a rising rate regulator (even the stock FPR is great with the solenoid removed) I use an aeromotive, see my build thread for info.

Back