More MSP pictures

digi168 said:
Well according there own label in the picture they say 2 6X8 front, 2 6 inch rear speakers and a sub, that equals 5

there are however speakers in the rear doors and the tweeters so I count 9. anyway it definatly sounds good.

The six inch rear speakers would be in the door. If there are speakers in the rear shelf those would be 6x9's.

I couldn't really tell from the pics, but it didn't look like there were speakers in the rear shelf.

So, I guess get a better pic of the rear shelf and in the rear door speaker cover.

Because, two tweeters, and two front speakers (6x8), two read door speakers (6") and one sub would be seven speakers. Adding rear shelf speakers would make nine, however I didn't see any in the pics.

Digi,

On the grinding noise, I seriously suggest getting some Redline Shock Proof Transmission Fluid. I used to get grinding when I shifted, but not anymore! You also may want to baby the transmission if you aren't already. Great ride by the way!! (thumb)

Dexter said:
and as for the speakers, dont forget there is an amplifier too.
The amp has nothing to do with the in-car speakers. It only drives the subwoofer. The cabin speakers are driven by the head unit only.

Last edited:
LinuxRacr said:
Digi,

On the grinding noise, I seriously suggest getting some Redline Shock Proof Transmission Fluid. I used to get grinding when I shifted, but not anymore! You also may want to baby the transmission if you aren't already. Great ride by the way!! (thumb)

Actually solved the grinding noise, it seems that when I engaged the clucth under exceleration it was pushing the air filter on the short ram air against the fan guard on the intercooler. That is now fixed.

I am going down to the car to take pictures of all the speakers.

There are no speaker in the rear door... like other proteges..... they only put speaker in rear door in the P5....

oups sorry guys didnt read all the post before posting... ;-)

lets wait for the picture.... anyway, in theory there shoudnt be any speaker right there... ;-)

Devil-MSP said:
Hey digi168, if you have free time, can you help me measure those two windshield wipers' length please? both driver and passenger side. Thanks a lot!!

21" drivers side
18.5" passanger side

Thanks a lot digi168, also if you have time, can you check your manual to see what type of headlight bulb the MSP use? I think it's H4 but I'm not sure.

Any word on the possibility of flat spots on the tires from them sitting all summer long ?

As a matter I did drive an RX-8 for about 6 months...:) I remember this thread when we were all waiting for the MSP's to show up. Definatly good memories...

I will let you know when the MazdaSpeed 3 shows up at port...

Links are all broken because the MPsport.net site has changed, however the pictures still exist so if you want them send me an email.

Back