More MSP pictures

1) There are 7 speakers: 2 tweeters, 2 front lower door, 2 rear deck, 1 subwoofer. The rear doors have no speakers.

2) That is an aftermarket intake.

3) Mazdaspeed Proteges do not have sunroofs/moonroofs.

JasonH said:
1) There are 7 speakers: 2 tweeters, 2 front lower door, 2 rear deck, 1 subwoofer. The rear doors have no speakers.

2) That is an aftermarket intake.

3) Mazdaspeed Proteges do not have sunroofs/moonroofs.

Sorry but my rear doors do have speakers in them. I may not know alot about audio, but I know what speakers look and sound like and in the rear doors are speakers. If they added them last minuet or what but I know they were not dealer added as I watched the car arrive and go through PDI and cleaning and to me.

The intake is aftermarket and it is too short, we are working on a new one that will go down a bit more.

There is one MazdaSpeed protege Black that was on display at Laguna Seca and it had a sunroof, although this is not an option that I am aware of. Some of the Calloway pictures also show a black mica one with a sunroof.

i dont know why the rear doors wouldnt have speakers, i mean, there are spots for them.

although, there are spots for them as well on my 2002 ES, but there arent any speakers, so guess this is a moot point.

digi168 said:
Sorry but my rear doors do have speakers in them. I may not know alot about audio, but I know what speakers look and sound like and in the rear doors are speakers.
Oookay, well, they're not supposed to have speakers there. :) Weird.

Mighty fine auto man. I'm in love with your car. Man you're gonna get more ass than a toilet seat now. You big PIIIIIMMMMP!!!!!

Thanks PA_MP3_man.

Funny thing is old people look at the car and laugh, most of them don't like the color, younger people tend to be all over it with a million questions.

it was my understanding that there would be 7 speakers: 2 tweets, 2 fronts, 2 rear doors. Weird setup i know, but i researched it quite a bit and that was all that i found that was supposed to be there. Not arguing though, im super happy that theres 2 in the rear deck also, must sound awesome.....

the reason the black msp you have seen had a sunroof was because it was a prototype. it was a protege ES that calloway got from morande in manchester CT i believe and modified to design the MSP.......what i find peculiar is that in the latest 8 car shootout SCC used the prototype apparently, since it also had a sunroof......

Digi168 the rear doors shouldnt have speakers a good way to find out is to crank the radio and open the back door and put ur ear to one of the doors... thats what i did when i got my mp3

I did that, that is how I know the speakers are there, because in the trunk it says 7 speaker system so my friend and I started counting and testing them we came up with 9 so I just figured they didn't count the tweeters.

Not to state a the obvious again, but there are speakers in the rear deck AND rear doors.'

cool

I actually brought this question up about 2 months ago after seeing the brochure and it saying speakers in the doors. But now we know for sure....wicked

One other question....kinda funny.

Do the Mazdaspeed letters on the tach light up in the dark? That would be a neat touch.

Last edited:
digi168

Thanks again for all the great pictures!

The rear door speaker panels, are just panels. Are you 110% sure that there is a rear speaker?...Try this, put the setting on the head unit to the rear and see where the sound is coming from. If there really is sound from the rear door panels, and there has to be a speaker! I'm not complaining that this isn't a good thing, this is just an added bonus for us! :)

So, according to the system layout in the reardeck, 2 - 6x8" speakers upfront, 2 - 6x9" in the rear upper deck...the question is, what size is the rear speakers in the door??? :confused:

According to a post that i've read a while back, the rear door panel is shared with Protege 5's. Cheap Mazda dosn't want to redesign a new door panel to cover up the grill for, what is suppose to be a speaker in the rear. Because there is no place for a speaker in the protege 5, this is why they did it this way.

Btw, tweeters is counted as a speaker. So, if there REALLY is 9 speakers, then let's just say this is an added bonus for this LONG wait! :D

I really hate the way that Mazda did not put in a 'plastic' scuff plate in the rear door. Cheap ASS! :(

-Limited Edition

Limited Edition, you sure do rag on mazda alot for being "cheap", and they seem to let you down alot...

maybe you shouldnt get an MSP?

newf said:
Not to state a the obvious again, but there are speakers in the rear deck AND rear doors.'

cool

I actually brought this question up about 2 months ago after seeing the brochure and it saying speakers in the doors. But now we know for sure....wicked

One other question....kinda funny.

Do the Mazdaspeed letters on the tach light up in the dark? That would be a neat touch.

No the mazdaspeed does not light up.

Dexter said:
Limited Edition, you sure do rag on mazda alot for being "cheap", and they seem to let you down alot...

maybe you shouldnt get an MSP?

Well, i just say that Mazda is 'cheap' in a way, because the brag about this car having more than 1000 + changes. And with the 1000+ changes, won't they have improved on or simply added the scuff plate in the rear door as well? I mean, you might as well, since you've already done it upfront. Afterall, this car does come with 4 doors and not 2. It doesn't cost much more to add a pair in. This is why i just say that they are 'cheap ass'.

maybe i just took it a bit far, with capitalizing 'cheap ass'. Sorry, if i have offended you. :eek:

digi168..
can you find out, when you have the time to see what size the rear door speakers are? Just curious.

One other thing to keep in mind, as we all know the head deck puts out 50 watts X 4, if the deck is pushing towards 6 speakers, then the head deck is no longer producing an even 50watts X 4. This would mean that it would be delivering approx 33watts per speaker?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hey digi168, if you have free time, can you help me measure those two windshield wipers' length please? both driver and passenger side. Thanks a lot!!

Limited Edition said:

Well, i just say that Mazda is 'cheap' in a way, because the brag about this car having more than 1000 + changes. And with the 1000+ changes, won't they have improved on or simply added the scuff plate in the rear door as well? I mean, you might as well, since you've already done it upfront. Afterall, this car does come with 4 doors and not 2. It doesn't cost much more to add a pair in. This is why i just say that they are 'cheap ass'.

maybe i just took it a bit far, with capitalizing 'cheap ass'. Sorry, if i have offended you. :eek:

you havent offended me (hope i havent offended you).

the simple solution to these problems is to get custom made scuff plates :D and put speakers in the rear doors. :D

and as for the speakers, dont forget there is an amplifier too.

Latest posts

Back