miles off a tank

i got 702.1km and when i filled up i had less than a litre left...

it was some highway driving, mostly county road driving (doing a constant 100km/h unless passing), and some city driving.

Sweet! I just signed up! I've been looking for an easier way to record my mpg and stuff :)

Sweet! I just signed up! I've been looking for an easier way to record my mpg and stuff :)

I use the BrightCar software program. It's a little pricey ($39.95), but it lets you record gas mileage, as well as service and other expenses, and it keeps track of your maintenance items and let's you know when it's time to get something done. You can track as many cars as you'd like, and they've got the maintenance plans for nearly every make and model of car imaginable that the software downloads automatically.

its easier to just use an excel spread sheet and update AT the gas station on your phone, most pda phones can open xls

I use the BrightCar software program. It's a little pricey ($39.95), but it lets you record gas mileage, as well as service and other expenses, and it keeps track of your maintenance items and let's you know when it's time to get something done. You can track as many cars as you'd like, and they've got the maintenance plans for nearly every make and model of car imaginable that the software downloads automatically.

why purchase software? its all free.

i usually get around 300-320 miles out of my tank with an avg gallon to spare. i'm pretty happy with that considering my wife's mountaineer is lucky to get that many out of her 23 gallon tank.

i wouldn't complain if i were able to get more mpg, just keep in mind that when you run it close like that its hard on your fuel pump. gotta refill anyways

Most miles

2003 Protege 5
Most miles on a tank 480.1 Fill 14.37 gallons ( I always fill to the top of the tube).

Most gas in a fill up: 15.12 Gals.

all highway the best i've done is 430.. mixed is about 300... mine is 5 speeds... what a big different

Can't Complain

My '03.5 P5 runs 90% on the highway @ 65-75 mph, balance 35-50.

November-April 195/55/16 Dunlop Winter Sport M
May-October 205/45/17 Goodyear GS D3

Best tank=492 miles/13.93 gal/35.3 mpg
Worst tank=425/14.95/28.4 mpg

Year 'round average 33+.

I check mileage every fillup.

Mods: MagnaFlow catback, no cats, 4-2-1 header, aluminum pulleys, Injen CAI.

Back