Mazdaspeed 3 skidplate

lol YES!!! finally! haha i cracked 1 oil pan while waiting for this. ordering in the somewhat near future. unless someone *cough*corksport*cough* would like to sponsor me and send me one for free/discount! lolol.

lolz i tore a ******* hole in my oil pan waiting for this.

IMG_3981.jpg

I will be ordering one in January.

Last edited:
Started snowing but it's on! Just test fitting, I have to remove a strut brace it looks like to bolt up the back end...
skidplate0021.jpg

If you have the GT spec one (looks like it from your pic), you should be able to remove the brace, tuck the skidplate in place, and then reinstall the brace. It should not interfere with the function of either one.

Yeah I got ahead of myself, realized the bar was in the way way too late lol. Will fix it soon, not driving it atm

I have yet to install mine. We've had 8ft of snow over the past week or two, so it's been a bit tough. Sucks too cause I got it on a wednesday and we had about 4ft the few days prior. Almost made it.

Gmac

removed the brace and got the plate in place. Unfort stripped the nut threads on one side where the brace was attached, so the brace stays off for now.
Anyways totally happy with the plate, good ground clearance with my lowered stance and a perfect fit, almost want to change my oil now 2k early!

We had a local customer who had stripped the same hole I believe. We just ran a tap through it and then the bolt went right in.

that's what I'm going to do on that one, but the same one opposite actually popped out of it's recess and is loose up in the frame ;p Not sure what to do with that one, toggle bolt maybe lol!

2hs19wh.jpg

I will be putting mine on tomorrow, debating leaving the oil filter cover off. I believe this should have designed differently, I would have welded nuts to the back side and used bolts as opposed to threading the plate.

I also might need to add a hole for the OCC I am installing this week.

Z

powercoated nice and what it run ya?

Last edited:
I would've of bought this if I didn't lose my job lol.

:( How much lower does it actually sit from the oil pan/arm because I already hit reflectors lol.

I would've of bought this if I didn't lose my job lol.

:( How much lower does it actually sit from the oil pan/arm because I already hit reflectors lol.

Bummer on the job. It sits a little higher than the stock tray so you shoudl have less reflector hits.

-Derrick

Whats the max impact it can handle? And what is the thickness of it? I'm assuming 1st gen ms3 plate should fit speed 6 as well, right? Thanks!

Back