Mazdaspeed 3 skidplate

They are done!

We have the skid trays in stock for the 2010 + Mazdaspeed 3. The price is $249 and we have them ready to ship out. Here is a link to the product

Mazda-3-skid-tray-aluminum-installed.jpg

-Derrick

About to go a bit lower and being in Upstate NY, this would come in handy! Would it work for a 2008 MS3?

Gmac

I have 09 speed3
I would be very interested in this skid tray
When are you guys gonna have one for 07-09 speed3 models?

We have a prototype one for the 1st gen 3's.
HPIM3511.jpg

We will get some pics up of it installed on a 3. It has the same characteristics of the 2nd gen one, but required some different bends and cutouts.
We hope to have this out asap.

We were able to test fit the 1st gen skidplate last night.
1-1.jpg

The oil filter cover is not shown (but will be included).
Also, it shows the bumper mounting holes below the skidplate. The skidplate will actually butt up to the lip of the bumper when fully installed (I didn't install all the hardware, so it was easier for me to prop up the front with the bumper).

I'd be in for one for my 08. I hate having to remove it every time you change the oil.

+1. There are several reasons I want this plate, oil change ease, clearance for winter and protection of turbo piping and oil lines, running lower than the rest of the engine. Can't wait!(cool)

Is it painted, powder coated, left alone?

I don't just want this, I need this, winter is coming, this will be a great piece to have on the car. Great job.

But I want mine powder coated in a bright red paint! yeah!!

Gmac

If you call in your order, we should be able to get it powdercoated in most colors. However, your order will be delayed to get powdercoated (about a week) and there will be an extra charge for the powdercoating.

Any update on when it will be available for the 1st gens? Also, would it be possible to have you guys include the screws/bolts that are needed as all of mine over time fell off.

Any update on when it will be available for the 1st gens? Also, would it be possible to have you guys include the screws/bolts that are needed as all of mine over time fell off.

We are working on a few final tweaks for the skid plate for the 1st gen. I am nto sure on the hardware though. Some of the fasteners are re-used on the 2nd gen kit but I am not sure on the 1st gen since it is not ready yet.

-Derrick

I'll take a look at one of our employees proteges today and see what the undertray and mount points look like. A bunch of us were gone at SEMA, so that put a hold on most of our R&D time for the last week. I will have pictures up of the final design of the 1st gen skidplate no later than Wednesday (11/10).

Back