Mazdaspeed 3 skidplate

Here is the final version of the first gen skidplate on a 1st gen Mazda 3.

HPIM4019.jpg

I will get an eta for the production batch shortly.

We will have a couple of pre-release ones for sale early next week. Let me know if you are interested in one.

plan on doing any off roading speed3 owners? lmao people will buy just about anything now at days.

Last edited:
will be here shortly. i scrape it on everything and its not with it as is. it would be something more permanent and better for areo too

2hs19wh.jpg

I will be putting mine on tomorrow, debating leaving the oil filter cover off. I believe this should have designed differently, I would have welded nuts to the back side and used bolts as opposed to threading the plate.

I also might need to add a hole for the OCC I am installing this week.

Z

Damn that looks nice. Now if they build one for the 07-09, I'll buy one this week. Good job Corksport!

Gmac

plan on doing any off roading speed3 owners? lmao people will buy just about anything now at days.

Actually our stock plastic piece sucks balls and droops almost as bad as the undertrays on the the proteges. But it also has the benefit of cleaner air flow under the car as well as protecting our oil pans and transmission.

Gmac: they will be producing ones for the 04-09 cars, including the first gen Speed 3, and they will be released within the next couple weeks if not sooner.

Last edited:
Little update, installed today, fit was good, taking the car out for a drive, I will then edit this post.

I do need to make a modification for my OCC (also installed today). This will be done over the holiday as I found a fantastic mounting point of the can (spare threaded connection on front of transmission).

Z

yeah that black looks very good. how much extra was the powdercoat option? If this piece were 49 dollars cheaper it would be a lot easier to pull the trigger on it. You price the gen1 ms3 piece $199 =P

It looks like we should be able to release the 1st gen skidplate on Monday December 6th, or possibly earlier (Maybe the 1st if everything goes smoothly).

It looks like we should be able to release the 1st gen skidplate on Monday December 6th, or possibly earlier (Maybe the 1st if everything goes smoothly).

Can I pay now? Haha, winter is coming! You don't understand, this is needed!

Was thinking you put little triangle vents at the rear of the piece, like... ^^^^^ so they help with smoothing the air under the vehicle and vent any moisture/water/ice that may still build up in there.

Just a thought, I'm sure you guys have it handled though.

Gmac

I'm from Minnesota, so I totally understand where you are coming from. The skidplate currently has enough of a slope backwards that if any snow or moisture where to make it into the engine bay, it would make it's way to the openings in the back by the subframe mounting locations and out onto the ground. I'll look into the little vents though and see if they would be functional at daily driving speeds.

I too am interested in the 1st gen skidplate. As long as it fits an 07 hatch, but I've been browsing through here and I'm assuming it should. So these will be available on corksport's website? I'm in need of a replacement soon as I have cracked all of the plastic underneath and had to remove the rest of it since it was dragging. Mazda 3 in snow = fail. I'm going to a shop soon so this would be nice to have!!

Back