Mazdas247 @ SCCA Solo II Nationals

Justin... I didn't put this together until last night... but I'm the one you went and bought cups for at Walmart Sunday night...

Also... I have pics of you and Dave "Crazy Daisy Pogostick" O'Malley winning those tires... ;)

Justin... I didn't put this together until last night... but I'm the one you went and bought cups for at Walmart Sunday night...

Also... I have pics of you and Dave "Crazy Daisy Pogostick" O'Malley winning those tires... ;)

LOL....yea...I had completely forgotten you were a member here until I got back home. Hopefully, I'll see you guys down in Atlanta sometime next season.

Sounds pretty cool, but they don't have it on the MazdaUSA site yet. You can find some pictures of your 97 and 197 in the link provided above by Vanimaniac.

I must not be looking at the same pictures you are, I cannot find any for CS 97 or 197. Lots of ES, HS and SS though.

I must not be looking at the same pictures you are, I cannot find any for CS 97 or 197. Lots of ES, HS and SS though.

I was incorrect. There was a 97 ES, and I was looking through them pretty quickly and just looking at numbers.

I don't think Jason Isley (now 3 time BS Champ) has ever had a co-driver/tire-warmer. Actually, there were only 2 cars that were single driver in BS according to the results. All the trophy spots in ESP were single driver, ES winner Miata, GS winner 07 Mini (barely), HS winner Mazda3, SM winner (granted it was Daddio) were all single driver cars (again, according to the results).

It just shows that having a tire-warmer isn't "necessary" (apparently), but probabaly makes life alot easier.

You absolutely don't have to have a co-driver to win. imho it can hurt as much as help. With the tires we have now you don't need them warm, we actually prefer the V710 when it is cool. Also the RX-8 in particular seems to suffer from heat soak and loses some power when it gets hot. I have had a co-driver at one big event in the last three year, 07' San Diego Natl tour, and I did not care for it.

However if I was in the first heat at a big event and it was cold out I would seriously think about getting one, just happens with the run groups the last three years at natls it has not been a must have item.

Jason (first)

Back