Mazdas247 @ SCCA Solo II Nationals

haha. A fellow from my region drives a BS RX8 (currently placed #26). Very good driver, extremely fast. Yet he is almost 2 seconds off first place (he doesn't have a tire warmer though). I'd love to see some of those top few drivers driving...

I don't think Jason Isley (now 3 time BS Champ) has ever had a co-driver/tire-warmer. Actually, there were only 2 cars that were single driver in BS according to the results. All the trophy spots in ESP were single driver, ES winner Miata, GS winner 07 Mini (barely), HS winner Mazda3, SM winner (granted it was Daddio) were all single driver cars (again, according to the results).

It just shows that having a tire-warmer isn't "necessary" (apparently), but probabaly makes life alot easier.

Anyone notice GS and DS times? After day 1, GS was leading DS. After day 2, top 10 GS drivers were faster than top 5 DS drivers.

I believe GS ran 2nd and DS 3rd heat, same day, same course.

Could be interesting to see if anything happens.

Van

Link to a bunch of pics here.... http://picasaweb.google.com/cernese

Check out this Mazdaspeed!....
DSC_7853.JPG

Van

Nice pics.

Fun to see that the highest beer plastic cup pyramid tradition is still going.

Might go next year. My co-driver really liked you guys. She wants go back too next year,

There were some tall beer cup pyramids at the Weds. banquet, until the tables around them brought them down with grenade bread rolls!

Good to see everyone out at Nationals again. I had fun but I struggled in the rain on day one. Darrin and myself showed that even with only a month of devolpment and one event testing, the MS-R MX-5 can be very fast!

I am looking forward to evolving the package and trying a few different things with the car. We were on the bone stock package, including shocks and front sway bar. This car is going to be fast! If anyone has any pictures of CS car #97 or #197 please let me know.

So, I must be the only person that missed the memo on this one. What exactly is the MS-R? Is that the equivalent of the old club racing package?

So, I must be the only person that missed the memo on this one. What exactly is the MS-R? Is that the equivalent of the old club racing package?

The MS-R package is new for the '07+ MX-5's. It includes revalved Konis from Tri-point, upgraded springs which lower the car, sway bars, new aluminum bracing, LSD, 17X7" wheels, rear lip spoiler and an oil cooler. This package is available for order on the SV model. This model has no A/C and comes with a 5 Spd, not the 6 Spd, so you can now have a 5spd and LSD.

We got the car and the parts about 3 weeks before Nationals and had one event to test before we loaded the car on a trailer and took it to Kansas. Darrin ran the car in the ProSolo Finale and won. He also coned out of second and finished third in the car for Nationals. I had a horrible first day in the rain and ended up 14th.

We took some suggestions from a few people and guessed at a starting alignment. We did not have enough time to change it and retest so we delt with it, the car works really well right out of the box though.

damn, that's pretty nice! I'm definitely interested to see how things pan out in CS. Lotta folks were worried it would be a pontiac only show ;)

Sounds pretty cool, but they don't have it on the MazdaUSA site yet. You can find some pictures of your 97 and 197 in the link provided above by Vanimaniac.

Back