Mazdas247 @ SCCA Solo II Nationals

Congrats to Jas00x! It'll be interesting to hear what happened as it looks like Justin had a great second day but the first day wasn't so hot. Partial rain? Always seems to happen.

Props to the insane drivers who tamed the orange Camaro beast in my region, they managed 3rd and 10th in CP

Congrats to Jas00x! It'll be interesting to hear what happened as it looks like Justin had a great second day but the first day wasn't so hot. Partial rain? Always seems to happen.

I would guess partial rain and getting used to the car.

Congrats to Jas00x as well.

My buddy didn't fair too well, he didn't have a clean run either day. 27th place in ES out of 32.

congrats, jason! that's some good driving.

check out GS after day 1. .993 separates the first 16 drivers. my money is on Tony Savini in an '05 MINI.

and so much for the MINI domination of HS!

any word on the DSP and FSP protests? what's the scoop?

any word on the DSP and FSP protests? what's the scoop?

DSP car (turbo Merkur) had cooler filled with ice in rear seat footwell that the intake air went through. Ruled illegal.
FSP VW had motor torn down and head/cam/compression/etc. all checked and found legal. Small issue with minor holes cut in bodywork cited and ruled technically illegal but no performance advantage and no penalty other than fix before car can run again (done before second day).
All of this is posted in the information area in the Tech building.
--Andy

What Andy Hollis said.

Top 9 spots in the class speaks for itself. Here and I thought it was slow when I took it for a test drive.

Top 9 spots in the class speaks for itself. Here and I thought it was slow when I took it for a test drive.

haha. A fellow from my region drives a BS RX8 (currently placed #26). Very good driver, extremely fast. Yet he is almost 2 seconds off first place (he doesn't have a tire warmer though). I'd love to see some of those top few drivers driving...

Just got back a couple hours ago.

DSP and FSP ran first heat opposite sides. I managed to catch a glimpse of Jason and Justin running on the other side while we had a breakdown on course (Bimmer spun at the finish taking out the timing lights). Car looked great.

Unfortunately it rained Tues morning and stopped just before course walks. The temp was in the 60's all morning. Standing water for the first heat or two. Pretty crappy conditions. Spins all over the place.

Wed morning was dry but still slick. Did I mention first heat sucks?

If you look at the results from Tues, HSL went faster than SM2!!! (boom06)

Still I had a blast even though we were on the skinniest tires in the class (215/50/13's).

A miata won ES which is awesome.

BTW, Justin was 5th fastest in FSP on Wed to move way up to 14th. Not too bad.

Very cool cars, can't wait to go back.

Van

Last edited:
HAHAH HSL was faster than SM2? Don't those SM2 RX7s pretty much do FTD, even faster than the mod cars and stuff?

I just got home a few minutes ago. I need some sleep before I can think straight. We drove 16 hours straight to get home. Congrats to Jason for an awesome performance both days putting a 4 door street car deep into the trophies (did anyone mention Jason drove the car to Topeka from Texas!). I was a little disappointed after the first day with my driving, but I put it behind me (there is no crying at Nationals) and concentrated on day 2. I'm extremely happy that Jason let me co-drive. The car was flawless. I need to get some wet weather practice.

I didn't leave Topeka empty handed. I'll be splitting a free set of Kumho tires that a friend and I won at the Kumho Kapers Party on Monday night. We entered the game show competition and thanks to the loud mouths from NC, Atlanta, and Team Underdog we won.

Latest posts

Back