Mazda5 Interior / Cargo Flexibility Photos

Wanted to get a quick survey out there -- for those who have 2 kids (in my case, one in infant car seat & one in forward facing), do you put them in side-by-side or front-to-back? Anyone taking any cargo measurements both ways? Trying to decide what works best for us. We just took a weekend trip, and having the kids front-to-back seem to work better for things like double strollers and doufle bags. Downside is getting the older one strapped in back.

Thoughts anyone?

Wanted to get a quick survey out there -- for those who have 2 kids (in my case, one in infant car seat & one in forward facing), do you put them in side-by-side or front-to-back? Anyone taking any cargo measurements both ways? Trying to decide what works best for us. We just took a weekend trip, and having the kids front-to-back seem to work better for things like double strollers and doufle bags. Downside is getting the older one strapped in back.

Thoughts anyone?

well mine are both much older now (5 and 7) but i dont feel all that comfortable having them both sit in the back when they dont have to. I just figured they're probably safer sitting in the middle row just in case we're rear ended. I never thought there was all that much room in between the hatchback and the rear seat. Just my $.02

Wanted to get a quick survey out there -- for those who have 2 kids (in my case, one in infant car seat & one in forward facing), do you put them in side-by-side or front-to-back?

We have two kids, 4 and 3, and they would scream if they weren't beside each other. We have are having a third in a couple of weeks, and that presents a conundrum for longer trips: the baby is going to have to go in the middle behind the driver, so that he can be attended to and if the two others are in the way back, where do we put and secure the luggage and stuff?

We'll deal, but anyone else in a similar predicament?

packing for weekend at the beach

DSC03662.jpg

High-tech DVD headrest player

DSC03663.jpg

Seating arrangement 1-2-2, dual Britax Marathon boosters in the back, but get in the way of rear visibility

DSC03664.jpg

A duffel bag that holds 6 cubic feet of stuff when not quite fully packed, it's convenient to put smaller bags within it and use the shoulder strap through the tie-downs to keep the top squished narrower than the base for a snug fit

A duffel bag that holds 6 cubic feet of stuff when not quite fully packed, it's convenient to put smaller bags within it and use the shoulder strap through the tie-downs to keep the top squished narrower than the base for a snug fit

Thanks, that's a great idea, and I'm so going to steal it.

I did... with a wagon...

I can get 2 Pack 'n' plays and 2 strollers into it, with some room to spare!

We have two kids, 4 and 3, and they would scream if they weren't beside each other. We have are having a third in a couple of weeks, and that presents a conundrum for longer trips: the baby is going to have to go in the middle behind the driver, so that he can be attended to and if the two others are in the way back, where do we put and secure the luggage and stuff?

Attachments

• 6161.jpg
    6161.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 633
  • 6160.jpg
    6160.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 514
View attachment 136320

High-tech DVD headrest player

View attachment 136322

Seating arrangement 1-2-2, dual Britax Marathon boosters in the back, but get in the way of rear visibility

View attachment 136321

Just a hint where that bag at the back is you can lift the floor piece and store it along the seat backs of the 3rd row and you gain 15L of cargo space before the spare tire area.

Have you considered removing the middle row seat completely (passenger side)? That way, your kids will have easy access to the 3rd row and you'll have plenty of space for bags, etc.

Have you considered removing the middle row seat completely (passenger side)? That way, your kids will have easy access to the 3rd row and you'll have plenty of space for bags, etc.

I hadn't really considered it, but yes, that would probably work for the occasional long trip.

Thanks,

great thread for potential owner

I'm thinking about a private deal for a used 2006 5, and this thread has really helped with my decision.

The 5 in question is a Canadian GS with added cruise and tinted windows. I was thinking that I would have to replace the stock tires before winter , but the current owners installed a set of Nokians WR's(or possibly WRg2?) 6000km ago. So that helps with the decision and budget.

So thanks for all the great pics and hopefully I'll need this forum in the near future.

I'm thinking about a private deal for a used 2006 5, and this thread has really helped with my decision.

The 5 in question is a Canadian GS with added cruise and tinted windows. I was thinking that I would have to replace the stock tires before winter , but the current owners installed a set of Nokians WR's(or possibly WRg2?) 6000km ago. So that helps with the decision and budget.

So thanks for all the great pics and hopefully I'll need this forum in the near future.

Good stuff, hope to see you around here in the future :D

Mazda Canada: if you are reading this, please send us your marketing payment to: Swisse Banque LTD, account #: MAZDAV-0001-Thread-All-Contributors, electronic transfer is OK...

LOL (lol2)

Hey will a normal size golf bag fit back there with the third row of seats up?

This is a great thread by the way. :)

Glenn |B)

Hey will a normal size golf bag fit back there with the third row of seats up?

This is a great thread by the way. :)

Glenn |B)

Checked :D. yes it does, but I wouldn't say it fits a humongous Taylor Made bag or similar but it works though. I have a light "Ping" bag and no problems. The bag cart has to go on top...

golf_clubs_mazda5_3rd_row.jpg

Checked :D. yes it does, but I wouldn't say it fits a humongous Taylor Made bag or similar but it works though. I have a light "Ping" bag and no problems. The bag cart has to go on top...

golf_clubs_mazda5_3rd_row.jpg

Dude, thanx for the reply. Yah I don't have to worry about that man, I've got a smaller Nike bag.

golfbagplace_2010_3987685

I still haven't gotten a Mazda5, my Jeep has yet to die, still waiting for it too. Once it does, I'm pretty sure I'll be making a Mazda5 purchase, though probably a used one.

The rear seats are split, do they fold indepently as well?

Thanx, Glenn |B)

My dad used to own a Jeep Wagoneer, it had so many issues but it never died, it was like weed, LOL

Hahahahahahaha, yah I know, but i got it for free it owes me nothing and I have an extermely short commute, 14 miles total, it's good in the snow.

The damn display has been telling me that the coolant sensor has been gone since I got it and it's fine.

Thanx for the info.

Glenn |B)

Back