Mazda5 Interior / Cargo Flexibility Photos

My Dad had a Caravan back then. I have actually driven along side one here and noticed how closely they compare. You had to take the seats out of the Caravan... But, it sure made it roomy!

Funny...

Interestingly, the first-ever mainstream minivan in North America, the Dodge Caravan, was roughly the same size. More than two decades later, the Mazda5 keeps the spirit alive in a market that's continuously evolving. It's almost as if the pendulum had gone a full swing and come back to its initial spot...

inline-comparo.jpg

Mazda5-Comparison-chart-i001.jpg

Source:
http://www.auto123.com/en/mazda/5/2008/review?carid=1083900302&artid=97366&pg=1

Attachments

• Dimensions.JPG
    Dimensions.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 18,976
  • Volume.JPG
    Volume.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 741
Too funny! We just bought the M5 to replace an aging 1994 Plymouth Voyager...although that model year looked much nicer than the '88 predecessor.

52" LCD TV - No Problem!

The box measured 39" Wide X 55" Deep. The width for loads on the Mazda5 is 41" X 60". Loving this car more and more everyday for it's flexibility and practicality!

Attachments

• Mazda5 Loaded.jpg
    Mazda5 Loaded.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 785
uh oh 1080p on a 52" lcd, Thats gonna be a good time for someone! (I have a 37 and 42 but nothing that big). I have put my computer on my lcd (ive got hdmi on my vid card) and played grid....super fun.

Sorry no pic, but I saw the pic of the bike in the back and had to mentioned that I worked out how to fit my road (or cross) bike in the back of my new Mazda5 while the 2nd row is up and loaded with my two boys. I will see if I can add a pic. I am looking forward to going to cross races this fall/winter without using a rack and having the ability to change comfortably inside the vehicle (and not offend any of the locals).

5phreak:

(A bit off topic: Speedplay pedals - nice!)

What keeps the bike secure in there as you drive?

nothing - i just let flop around. but honestly i didn't hear it move again after the initial back out of the driveway. usually there's more gear back there and that keeps the bike still.

next weekend i'll have three bicycles and a unicycle back there plus me and my bud's gear and food for a weekend. i'll take pics.

yes, Speedplay - very very nice. You use them too? I will probably never use any other road pedal. I still have one bike, my old Bridgestone RB-1, with Shimano/LOOK style pedals with red cleats, but am getting ready to switch it over. I still use SPDs on my mountain bikes.

Last edited:
Another bike in the 5

Here are some shots of my new bike-transport setup. Whole thing cost about $10! Universal bike mount from Performance ($7.99 on sale), 1X4 from Home Depot cut to fit ($1.29), velcro strips to hold it in place ($0.99) -- my baby traveling INSIDE the car, nice and dry....priceless.

Of course, I'm small and ride a 49 cm bike, so it fits inside the 5 standing up, no problem. I just LOVE the versatility of this car! It takes just a few minutes to fold the seat down, pop my rack in, and tighten the fork down. I was previously driving a VW Passat wagon w/ Yakima racks on top -- still have the Yakima racks and might eventually get the roof rack for the 5 (for family trips and stuff), but for now, this setup works perfectly...

Bikestuff003.jpg

Bikestuff004.jpg

Bikestuff005.jpg

I have that same home made bike holder with the addition of two 50 cent white plastic drawer pulls on the outer edges to make it easier to lift it off the carpet. The velcro I used is really aggressive. Unfortunately I can't use it in this car because my bike is a 56cm. I was hoping my bike would fit just like yours does. That's how I transported it in my last two cars (Stanza wagon and Mitsubishi Expo).

I did that recently "camping" It was so nice to not have to lug out a tent to the middle of the woods. I slammed some mosquito netting in the passenger window so I could crack it with out getting bugs and then put a tarp over the wind shield to keep out the rain and the sun. I've never slept so well camping.

I did that recently "camping" It was so nice to not have to lug out a tent to the middle of the woods. I slammed some mosquito netting in the passenger window so I could crack it with out getting bugs and then put a tarp over the wind shield to keep out the rain and the sun. I've never slept so well camping.

cool. that's what i'm working toward. first i had to see if i even fit, and i do. next i'm thinking of having some screens made to fit in the rear door windows.

^^ Congratulations Rex! Hope all is well!

Oh, and finally a boy is home to help you out fighting all the girls (and mom) ideas and actions (lol2)...

Back