Mazda5 Interior / Cargo Flexibility Photos

Yeah I poop in my 5 too. Just wish the windows were tinted so the people at the stop lights would stop looking at me.

Just kidding.

Cuz I enjoy it when they watch.

JK, I have an almost 3 yr old (and a newborn) so im Sooo there.

JK, I have an almost 3 yr old (and a newborn) so im Sooo there.

heh.

Right as of this moment, I actually have a folding table, 2 folding chairs, a display board, and 3 oak chairs in my M5. Not as photo-worthy as the bikes and tikes, but it's so fun to see just how much I can fit in my little ride.

Latest contribution... 2 bales of straw for the lawn. Snug as a bug in a rug (thumb)

mazda5_Straw.jpg

5 Passengers And Cargo Box

Wife and I are not in the pic, but the rest are. This is while filling-up at the gas station. Configuration is 2-2-1, (2nd row has the car seat) and Thule Cascade XT cargo box (15cuft) w/ Mazda OEM roof rack.

The car felt well even on pouring rain (just beware of cross-winds when crossing bridges, I now know how it feels to drive a tall SUV, LOL). Still, 26.7MPG @ 60-70MPH (2thumbs)

In-law in the 3rd row needed to take a break to stretch his legs from time to time, but not that bad for a ~5'9" (~1.78m) person :D

mazda5_may_11_2008%20002.jpg

mazda5_may_11_2008%20003.jpg

It's common knowledge you all like your sheep in NH, but now you take them driving with you? (chuckle)

^^ (lol2). New Zealanders and Australians do, so it's just a matter of becoming trend setters in the US :D

svSHEEP_wideweb__470x289,2.jpg

hm, where's your little red flag thinger handing off the back?!

Pennsylvania Vehicle Code, Title 75, Chapter 49, 4924(b) clearly states that "If the load on any veicle extends more than four feet beyond the rear of the vehicle, a red flag or cloth not less than 12 inches square shall be displayed at the end of the load."

Furthermore, as this took place at night, the provision further states that "During hours of darkness, a red light shall be displayed in the same position in lieu of the flag or cloth"

tsk tsk coolmazda5, tsk tsk (lol2)

now all that hinges on whether or not the load sticking out over 4 feet, you live in PA, or you give a damn :p

^^ Damn, I didn't know Officer, I swear :D...

I would have asked my wife to pay for the fine. She sent in-law and me overnight to buy those things claiming they would fit perfectly (scratch). Too late for that...

In-law's pet-projects (rant)

(Hmmm, I'm actually thinking of a related dirty joke right now but I need to keep this thread PG-13 (laugh))

i'm making myself laugh seeing coolmazda5 standing there with a beer in his hand looking at the pipes sticking out the back of the car, "what's the problem occifer, it's less than 4' ?

hey, i'm laughing, that's all that matters.

drums and love seats

After getting a love seat from ikea that fit like a glove in the back, I then loaded up a bunch of drums for my Japanese drumming group. I love that I can still see out. I think I'm now the second most capable drum carring car in the group... now if I were only a good drummer to go with it! :)

drumsInM5.jpg

Those drums in the orange cases are about the size of whisky barrels.

1988 Dodge Caravan and 2008 Mazda5 Comparison, LOL

Funny...

Interestingly, the first-ever mainstream minivan in North America, the Dodge Caravan, was roughly the same size. More than two decades later, the Mazda5 keeps the spirit alive in a market that's continuously evolving. It's almost as if the pendulum had gone a full swing and come back to its initial spot...

inline-comparo.jpg

Mazda5-Comparison-chart-i001.jpg

Source:
http://www.auto123.com/en/mazda/5/2008/review?carid=1083900302&artid=97366&pg=1

Back