Mazda 626 Intake Mani Info thread

2000, you need the std emissions one (which is federal) there is a low emission one also

I believe it works from 2000-2002 model

Last edited:
This might be a stupid question. But here goes. What is the ERG pipe, and what purpose dose it serve?? Would it be bad if we dont have it connected on the 626 mani?

Sorry for the newb question.

97Protegedx said:
This might be a stupid question. But here goes. What is the ERG pipe, and what purpose dose it serve?? Would it be bad if we dont have it connected on the 626 mani?

Sorry for the newb question.

The EGR is a solid pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold. This allows some of the exhaust gas to be recirculated back into the intake and reburnt... this helps with emissions mainly, but it also has a cooling effect on the combustion chamber temps.

Without it, you will get a CEL, so it is best to just hook it up.

well here is the finished product :) its running perfectly

it feels like its pulling harder and the turbo seems like it spools faster also, but I guess the dyno will tell me that :)

I am trying to upload some pics but fotki.com is having some problems right now :( so I will post them up later on

IMG_2833-vi.jpg

the pipe I used for the egr
IMG_2832-vi.jpg

as you can see even after 15 mins its starting to turn color, but I think it will hold up
IMG_2837-vi.jpg

new egr pipe
IMG_2839-vi.jpg

all done
IMG_2842-vi.jpg

tekkie said:
I am trying to save some bandwidth ;) problem seems to be fixed so I am uploading now

LOL... saving bandwidth eh? I wish I could say the same...

Your Uploaded Files. (You are currently using 335 Megs of 100 Megs).
You are currently over quota and will need to delete some files before you can upload more.

(evil)

funktownp5 said:
Tekkie how hard was the install and rewiring of the vaccum lines? Just waiting on mine

to get ported.

by far the hardest part is getting the stock egr pipe out, I could not find anyway to unscrew that thing until I twisted the IM up on its side towards the battery

the rest of it was pretty easy

I called like 10 places today to try and find a used egr pipe, no such luck, looks like you will have to shell out the money from mazda :( which sucks since that cost more than the IM itself lol

I figure I spent about 5 - 6hrs on it

flat_black said:
Wow, cool. =) Where'd you get that adapter, too?

lol its funny because I was like where in the hell am I going to get something to make this fit, I had a box sitting right by my computer with a whole bunch of parts in it, they were for a propane fireplace I was installing, they all fit perfectly :) lol

Oh, awesome! Hey, find out where the rest of us can get those adapters, huh? ;) I'll probably replace mine with one of those, just to make it easier to install/remove the header!

home depot sells them :) thats where I got all of it a couple weekends ago

they are 5/8 to 1/2" adapters :) if you look in the plumbing section where they have all the different brass fitings you will find them there

505zoom said:
LOL... saving bandwidth eh? I wish I could say the same...

Your Uploaded Files. (You are currently using 335 Megs of 100 Megs).
You are currently over quota and will need to delete some files before you can upload more.

(evil)

lmao I did not realize you could upload that much

Back