Votes: 19 29.7%
  • 2003 Mustang Mach 1

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • 2000 BMW 328

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • 2004 SRT/4

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters
I'd go with the BMW. Mainly due to the fact that it will not only last forever, but it should see some good green when you trade it in or sell it later. Also, I don't know your financial situation, but whatever you buy, don't end up upside down on your loan or else you'll be paying for whatever car you get twice!

z-cast

I am going to seel the MP3 for 13,500 and I own about $10K so I will end up very ahead of the game.

OK so the SRT and RX-7 are neck and neck and the Mustang and BMW are right behind them in a tie.

You guys sure aren't making this a clear cut decision!
(lol)

(attn)
NOW THE NEONS ON TOP?

I thought this was a mazda site?

j/k, keep it honest guys.

The options are very confusing in the sense that they are all over the place. What do you want out of this? It's your weekend car right? If so I'd get the one that would be the most fun to work on rather than the most reliable. If that means audio fun then it sounds like the SRT would give you a lot to play with over time. If it's about making power and style then go with the RX (has the most potential for a nice mix of power and style vs. others IMHO). If you just want a warranty and some raw horsepower then get the stang (although I think the mach's paintwork is lame on a modern car). I think the SVT looks better if you are going that route.

I just don't see the benifit to the BMW if it's a weekend car. It's costly to ensure, it's costly to repair, and although the resale is high you will have no warranty and lack the fun factor a weekend car should have.

The car is to be a summer/play car. Somethign to get under and screw with if th emood strikes me but not something to have to sit on jack stands do to reliability reasons.
I don't wnat to undergo major undertakings with it.
The BMW is there because it has a decent fallowing and has good aftermarket support plus a level of refinemnt and style the others don't have.

What about re-financing at a credit union or something and keeping th MP3. Now that you have it sorted out, it would be a shame to sell it. My friend just bought a used car at 4.5% for 72 months. Not that you have to keep the 72 month terms, but you can cut your payment by a lot.

Esteban Toledo said:
I voted for the bmw. Although, I actually like the srt, I wouldn't want to be associated w/ the majority of dodge owners/drivers. Here's an example: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15277

I couldn't help but laugh reading that thread. They kept teasing the troll for his english but they mispelled half the words in replies. How retarded does that look?

The BMW is there because it has a decent fallowing and has good aftermarket support plus a level of refinemnt and style the others don't have.

Fair enough. In your situation I would get the car that is the most fun to drive in your opinion. Drive them, then go from there. I can't help but think you might find that your MP3-T is the most fun to drive out of the bunch.

BMW..... besides theres decent aftermarket stuff for any BMW if you wanted to go that route someday... DINAN.... or you can do an engine swap for the M3 engine.. what the hell is the code.. EK6 or something like that? So this way you still have options.. and its pimp. (thumb)

Okay...I had no time to read all of the posts cuz I gotta take a s***...but I've been researching RX-7's and I'm in the process of getting a 3rd gen. If you want a 3rd gen RX-7, go for '94 and up. Much more realiable from there. When you get the 7, there are a few things you need to do, for example you'll need an aftermarket downpipe because of how much heat the twin turbos produce..etc. etc.

You also have to take into consideration the previous owner(s) and milage. It may have less than 100,000 mi on it, but how hard was it driven and was it properly warmed up and cooled down.

As for the SRT-4, I think it's ok. It has huge aftermarket/oem support from Dodge and it was designed to take heavy modificatioins. It is a fast car and has the amp you need, who cares who the majority of the drivers are.

The BMW is a really good choice. I personally have 3 of them and I've had no problems at all. Parts aren't as expensive as you think and they last a long time. My '96 325i can pull on my P5 anyday, and that's a stock bimmer compared to a somewhat modified P5. I'm kind of biased but BMW's are good, realiable cars.

I really don't know anything about mustangs so I can't say anything here.

My vote goes for the RX-7 of course!!

Given the choices and that you like to customize cars. You should go with the car that has a decent warranty and has the most to offer in the power department for little money. Suspension is easy to work on and alot cheaper than engine work. Just get some springs, decent struts and sways. I think that you could maybe make a name for yourself in the SRT world. Or just refinance the MP3-T and enjoy.

There was an RX-7 buyers guide a couple of months back that showed the difference between the different years/models, and prolem areas to look for. If you are serious about looking at the 7, I can try to find the article for you (if yo don't already have it).

Personally I love the Mazda. But part of the reason that I like it is it has a Euro look to me. I love BMW. I think the BMW gets my vote if you are going to sell the MP3.
I think that RX-7' are amazing, but if the main reason that you are selling the Mp3 is because of money, then I think you should probably steer clear of the RX-7. It would probably cost you more to keep it running than you think, unless you make a larger upfront investment to buy one in great shape. Just my opinion...

out of those choices i would either get the bmw or keep the mp3. Most of the srt owners are tools, why associate with them, when you could be a cool mp3 owner :confused:

If i was to buy a project car, it would probally be a supra or evo, if i wanted a new nice car(not for Modding) i would probally get a use 3 series or a s4.

i really appreciate the srt4, and think it's a hell of a sweet car, but i couldnt justify owning one.

Back