maps update paid or free?

palomatic

:
2014 Mazda 6 Touring
Guys,
I am trying to update my maps but after one update they offered me to get it for 71 bucks for 18 months, is this any different than the free update they give or something else?

the first 'free' update I did (Australia map) yielded no major map updates, only a few minor corrections.
I will try a second update once I am back home next week and see if there are anything else within the last month.
I will buy the 12 months map service regardless as I use my car a fair bit for work travel so latest maps are of value to me.

Still getting free map updates after 60 days.

After owning the car for 60 days I have successfully updated the TomTom maps from v10.851 to 10.852 (Australia map).
This included an update to the Tom Tom application on the SD card; a largish map update (200mb) and about 10 map quick fix/corrections (very small).

After the latest versions of TomTom and maps are copied to the SD card, the Tom Tom Home application on my laptop instructed me to put the SD card back into the car, switch on the NAV function. This process reloads the new TomTom software and maps to the car's NAV unit (about 2-3 minutes) and reboots the NAV system.

All good!

I will try again in month's time to see how long before the free map updates cease.

This will be my final update on this subject.
Tried to update map again today - worked but with a message that says the free maps will end in 14 days. This means that the free update period is 90 days.
The current Tom Tom offer is AUD$50 for 12 monhts of updates which is half price).
As I do use the car for work related travel I will subscribe (will get it back as tax deduction)

Cheers.

Back