Has anyone used an AliX touchscreen glass replacement?

My initial joy with a 2017 Mazda 6 that I recently purchased is turning into frustration. A week or so after purchasing, the infotainment screen started the ghost touching freak out.

No big deal, right? I would just disconnect the touchscreen cable. Well good, until I wanted to update the firmware to install the ACP kit and the test screen does not seem to have a way to get to the “Enter” and “Clear” buttons. I’ve tried the joystick directions. I’ve tried pushing or rotating all the surrounding knobs and buttons. Nope, nothing allows me to get to those selections.

So now I am looking into AliX and see some ~$100 touchglass replacements with (maybe) the correct 50 pin cable. Has anyone purchased and used one of these? I don’t care about long term use. I just need it to work long enough to allow me to update the firmware and then I will likely disconnect the ribbon cable again and just use the command knob.

What an annoying journey. I have to remind myself what a breeze it was to replace the spark plugs.

*edit* never mind, it has the wrong cable.

Last edited:
Back