Looking or a piece connecting to exhaust mani.

Vangpride

:
03 P5 - Midnight Blue
What line is the cooper line that connects to our exhaust manifold? It has a big 22 size nut on it I believe. Thanks for any help is appreciated!

Trying but which one is it in this picture?
schematic_Mazda_turbo-e1366139188428_zpsed4f28f7.jpg
I dont now why but it is leaking around number 84. The weirdest thing. The car is getting no sort of power or anything. Im just slowly replacing the cheap parts before we get into the head/exhaust manifold/turbo. I hear a loud whistle sound when revving the Msp. I can feel the air coming from that area.

Edit: Thing is the Steedspeed Manifold doesnt have something like that, where number 84 looks like a separate part..It just has a part that comes out with threads on it then the Egr tube(what i was told) connects to this which has that one big nut(Size 22 Wrench wouldnt even fit..) that wont come off.

I can't answer. I did away with my stock stuff long long time ago. But I posted the part number for the tube.

I tried searching for that part number and couldnt find anything. My mazda dealership is closed tomorow too.

The EGR tube is not in that pic, that diagram only shows the MSP specific parts and the EGR tube was a carryover from regular protege.

The EGR tube is not in that pic, that diagram only shows the MSP specific parts and the EGR tube was a carryover from regular protege.

So it is an egr tube? I cant seem to locate it on rockauto and i have not tried asking any of my local auto part stores yet. Thinking of just asking mazda. Thing is the nut on it, the threads arejacked and arent sealing tight unto my exhuast mani.

You can use a natural gas line in place of the stock EGR, there is a thread on here of people making it work. You need a 1/2" thread nut on one end and a 3/8" on the other.

^just be careful how u route it. Make sure that tube doesn't touch anything else especially the wire harness. I've learned the hard way when mine shorted out my harness. I have since deleted my egr system(no emission standards in Hawaii).

I found it. Mazda are selling it for 65$ I guess not bad for a metal line with a nut. Thing is, how do i remove it? It seem slike ill be removing the intake pipes, unbolting that nut form the exhaust manifold. The part that connects underneath the Throttle body is what im wondering how how to remove it. Is it a nut also or a threaded piece? Going to pick up the part first thing tomorrow morning. Install at where i work at.

Edit: I know that part is leaking a lot of air..will that cost alot of power lost and no boost building since it can't hold pressure? Just wondering. That is what one of my techs said at Honda..He runs a 11 Sec EG.

You would likely still build boost with a leak, if you have none your turbo may be shot. There is a large nut on each end of the EGR tube, just loosen each and a 10mm in the middle on a bracket and it comes off.

^just be careful how u route it. Make sure that tube doesn't touch anything else especially the wire harness. I've learned the hard way when mine shorted out my harness. I have since deleted my egr system(no emission standards in Hawaii).

Do you run a standalone? I would love to delete the EGR altogether.

i've deleted it with the stock computer... kept the egr in but put a block plate in between...
but yeah now i run a standalone

Gotcha, here in Austin we only have a plug in and visual check so I can pass without cats, maybe I can be stealth and delete the EGR as well.

Back