Justanothermp5's Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol there not that expensive, walmart even sells them

thats not where i got mine but just sayin....
eastwood has pretty good spray guns for kinda cheap, they have good paint too
painted my bike with there flat black and looks great

its going to be till the morning
i had it on early to see how well it held with just tape and it wasnt too good.. so i have to drill the fender holes and get it mounted up right tomm
then ill post pics all over the forums lol

im leaving it, i found that if i buff it with polishing compound it takes away the ugly flat looking plastic and makes it like a semi-gloss so im just going to do that
i dont really like painting if i dont have too lol

oh really? didn't know you could actually buff out the urethane and get some gloss out of it. Can't wait to see the pics.

yea me either lol its like a rubbing compound and a polish combined so thats why it does that
ill prob have to buff it often to get it to stay like that

and can u help me out with where u taped the lip down? i tried some spots today and i didnt like the way they worked out too much

Yea. I actually had the people that painted mine mount it as well. They asked me if it was ok to put a couple of small screws in the front as well and I told them to go for it. They put in some regular screws which was fine but after a while, rust formed a bit. I've been meaning to change them out for some SS screws that sit flush.

If you're going with double sided tape, I would put it all along the front where the lower grille part is and where it goes into the fog light recesses. Or you could just do what I did and do two small screws in each corner of where the lower grille part is. Paint the tops of them and you will NEVER be able to tell.

I feel a lot more comfortable having it secured there along with at the fenders than I would with just the tape and the fender screws.

hmm yea i guess that woud be alot more secure...
im just skeptic about putting screws through something i just paid 200 bucks for lol

what kinda screws? like reg wood screws?

Yea I know what you mean but you really won't be able to notice it. Machine screws or wood screws. Just something that will not rust and that has a flat head so it sits nice and flush.

Photo0162.jpg

havent put the screws in yet, im going to lowes later and getting some small bronze wood screws, i like the color of them lol

let me know what u guys think :)

Looks beautiful! The intercooler will look amazing w/ it. you should just sit it inside the bumper and take a pic. lol.

very very nice!!

i will have my spare motor home tomorrow night just FYI

dam lol i got tons of replies
thanks and no its not actually attached yet, i plan on using two small screws in the fender wells and two screws up front, where the grill is one in each corner
i doubt ill need the tape but i might use it anyways just to be safe

and pro5x2, awesome just let me know how u want to ship it :) thanks a ton
oh and dub, the IC doesnt fit yet lol or i would have done it a long time ago haha
i need to cut the bumper beam a little to get it to fit in there

No need for the tape if you're doing those two screws in the front. Trust me. It'll just be messy as hell if you have to take it off later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back