Justanothermp5's Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How should I clean up the turbo again? I can't find that post, also, should I get primer as well?

or acetone, but yea brake cleaner is good

ok so i sprayed some sealer on the bumper to get it one color and go from there, apparently i ****** with my paint guns settings last time i used it and the spray pattern was like a stream instead of a fan lol so neadless to say before i could realize it i got like 1 small run on the bottom of the bumper
already sanded that bad boy out and tomm im ready for paint

i also installed my oil pressure gauge and adapter
disconnected the battery while i was wiring it up and when i turn my car on, i have a CeL!
im not sure why i have it, car drives fine but whenever im idling it tries to die but doesnt, just stays at 1-200 rpm and bumps around
might have to go to autozone and get the code read tomm
i have a header with the spark plug non fouler deal and maybe that is it?
i was looking at vacuum hoses too and on of them is cracking a little bit so maybe thats it..idk ill have to take a look when its light out

yea once but i dont think thats the problem, cuz before i disconnected the battery it wasnt doing it and didnt have a CEL

and the ONLY think i messed with was the oil filter when i put the adapter plate on and changed oil
ill try to take a look at that tomm too

ok well front bumper is painted have to color sand a bit tomm,
CEL went away after i rest the ecu and installed the vac block so i guess it was that cracked hose
the vac block is just hooked up in a loop right now, since i dont have a WG or BOV to hook it up too yet lol

but anybody know what the average oil pressure is? my car is between 60 to 80 driving and like 40 i think at idle....sound right?

ok well front bumper is painted have to color sand a bit tomm,
CEL went away after i rest the ecu and installed the vac block so i guess it was that cracked hose
the vac block is just hooked up in a loop right now, since i dont have a WG or BOV to hook it up too yet lol

but anybody know what the average oil pressure is? my car is between 60 to 80 driving and like 40 i think at idle....sound right?

i think that sounds about right.

ok cuz it jumps arond quite a bit so i didnt know if that was normal or not

just bought dg lip like 5 mins ago and man im so hyped for it to get here
i just hope i dont scrape on too much lol

oh...hm thats not to bad, but i took all those screws in the fenderwell off lol
such a PITA to take all those off when i take off the bumper, guess i have to find them again

looks like ur the only one following my thread lol

No you have to drill a couple new holes in the fenderwells. Just try to measure it out right to go through the plastic. It's really your bumper. You'll see what I'm talking about when it's time to mount it.

yea im getting a mental picture right now...my bumpers off for a while since im colorsanding
so hopefully it gets here before im done lol
i hate taking my bumper off, its so much time wasted

how much trash did u get in ur clear! im a painter but ive never painted anything for my car outside the paint booth! did it turn out bad?

no not really at all
i sprayed all the dust out with air through my paint gun, then closed one garage door and left the other one cracked with a fan blowing towards it

im surprised actually, i painted a few things in there and this is the first time i had no noticable dirt
i need to work on spraying the clear though, i always get orange peel and it pisses me off so much that i have to sand it out lol

orange peel is better than runs! runs are nearly impossible to sand completely outa bumpers without burning through!

yea i havent had a run yet, thank god lol
u have any tips on how to spray clear smoothly?
i can do it some times but i honestly think it was too humid when i was painting
like when i painted my hood, the orange peel was ridiculous on it but when i painted my bike, there was almost none

well i got my bumper sorted out, looks tons better
it was still dull and none of my buffing was really doing anything, then i bought meguirs ultimate compound
holy s***, took about 10minutes and my bumper was done, i said hmmm let me try the headlights with this
BAAAM crystal clear, and im not exaggerating at all lol sucks how this was only 15 bucks and the pro stuff i use was 60-70 and didnt do s***

oh and got the Corksport s and j pipe, and the rebuild kit in the mail today :)
im waiting till tomm when the lip comes, to post pics of everything at once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back