just bought a 2018 cx-5 what do I need to search for? I want what the cool kids have!

They all come with them, if you can get the dealer to throw one in with the sale. Otherwise, it's a $250 option.

Interesting because my CX-5 has only three factory options: roof rack rails, wheel locks and bumper guard. And I did not have it thrown into the deal.

For some reason Im under the impression that Canadas OEM floor mats are superior to the USA ones. Is there a difference?

Interesting because my CX-5 has only three factory options: roof rack rails, wheel locks and bumper guard. And I did not have it thrown into the deal.

Cars are shipped from Japan without any of the accessories such as those you mention.
The Monroney sticker, floor mats, owner's manual, and accesories separately noted on the sticker are provided or installed during "port processing" before the car ships to the dealer.
The dealer can also install accessories prior to offering the vehicle for sale or at the buyer's request.

Spend your money on a clear bra tbh. The red paint especially is prone to chipping and its nearly impossible to fix it aftermarket.

This. Or just live with it and move on. Depends on how much you like the car/value aesthatic. On my nicer cars I did the clear bra, but on my 2015 CX5 Touring I didn't. If I had bought a new 2018, I would, though, or you'll be sorry.

Spend your money on a clear bra tbh. The red paint especially is prone to chipping and its nearly impossible to fix it aftermarket.

When I bought my 2018 I took it straight to a local PPF(paint protection film) installer and had the painted part of the front bumper, leading edge of the hood, mirrors, A pillars and leading edge of the roof(up to the sunroof) all filmed. I had a bug deflector on my old 2014 CX-5 but got a better deal on the film(for the leading edge of the hood) than the cost of the Mazda OEM deflector for my new 2018.

For some reason Im under the impression that Canadas OEM floor mats are superior to the USA ones. Is there a difference?

Yes, for the all weather mats anyway. But they cost twice as much.
US
814oYIdomqL._SL1500_grande.jpg

CANADA
00VP-CX-5FL1-0_e398eecd-7b27-4882-bd86-21146892bf8d_grande.png

00VP-C5-FL20_4a0edbe7-9e31-4ac0-b13e-2c7d8ea849e1_grande.png

That's not a 'vision screen panel'. You certainly don't need to see someone in the back seat to speak with them. LOL
The screen panel is for aerodynamics. If it didn't have that and you were driving with the windows down that thing would make a lot of noise.

I suspect we're not talking about the same thing. The net area on the cargo cover is only exposed when the hatch is open and extends about a foot immediately above the rear seat. If you're wanting to keep an eye on the kids, for example, it's perfect.

Yes, for the all weather mats anyway. But they cost twice as much.
US
814oYIdomqL._SL1500_grande.jpg

CANADA
00VP-CX-5FL1-0_e398eecd-7b27-4882-bd86-21146892bf8d_grande.png

00VP-C5-FL20_4a0edbe7-9e31-4ac0-b13e-2c7d8ea849e1_grande.png

I negotiated the "Canadian" all season floor mats into the purchase price of my new 2018 CX-5. After I picked up my vehicle I saw that they look exactly like the same material(but different design pattern) as the set I bought 5 years ago for my 2014 CX-5... the U-Guard 3D KAGU Maxpider Floor Mats, which oddly enough had a slightly better fit. One of the more important advantages to these or the OEM's is that they COMPLETELY cover the Dead Pedal, keeping out more snow and slush than other well known brands, like Weather Tech. Here is the link where I got mind, (with pictures) and at a cheaper price than the Mazda OEM mats:

https://www.partsengine.ca/u-guard-3d-kagu-maxpider-floor-mat-in-black-p-54811.aspx

Last edited:
I suspect we're not talking about the same thing. The net area on the cargo cover is only exposed when the hatch is open and extends about a foot immediately above the rear seat. If you're wanting to keep an eye on the kids, for example, it's perfect.
Ono, we are. You're right though. It isn't exposed when the hatch is closed. I doubt they did it for that reason though. Probably cheaper to make that way. LoL

Back