Just another MSP fender bender.

DragonSpeed

:
2003.5 MSP Sunlight Silver
Well this weekend at nopi my front end of my frame was bent inward about 2".
Story: There was 3 cars in our club there, we were trying to stick together, and i was the last in line. Another one of our members was in front of me in his blue GLI. We were turning out of a publix onto the main road. I was looking in front and saw the GLI start to take off, so i start taking off. I'm looking to the left at oncoming traffic while i am moving, and think i can make it in time. Well, by the time i turn my head back forward i see the GLI stopped. OH s***! Skrrt*BOOM. Thankfully it wasn't bad, i think i was only going maybe 15 or so. His GLI was unharmed, but the right side of my front bumper was tucked under the hood.(hand) It didn't look to be too bad so we went on. Well today now that i'm back with some time i take the bumper off and see that the frame behind the bumber is bend in about 1.5-2", which also prevents the hood from closing flush. I haven't had any estimates yet, so i'm clueless on what the damage's gunna be. Anybody have any clues? The outer bumper itself isn't cracked or even scratched. The hood has a small crease at the tip where it was bent inward. The headlight is set in a little bit where it screws to the bent in frame.

Well thats all i gotta say. I know you guys with REAL wrecked MSPs are like wtf stop ur whining but this is the first damage my MSP has had so it kinda hurts deep inside. (upbum)

Anyhow, if anyone can guess to about how much this is gunna run throw it out there. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I had almost the same accident my first year of college. Pulling out onto a highway, some lady in front of me starts to go. I'm inching forward looking back at on-coming traffic. Crunch. She's stopped like 15 feet in front of the yield sign. My front end was crunched, her car was fine. We exchanged info and said have a nice day. Lesson learned, keep your eyes facing the direction you're moving.

my estimate came out to be 4k on my car... i'd say ur car can't be more then 2k if its just the bumper, the hood...

arround 1900.
new bumper, new hood (maybe), new headlight, + 3-4 hours of labor.

Hmm, i hope i get 2 estimates for both those numbers. I'll turn it the 4k estimate and pay 1900 to get it fixed :D FMIC baby!

Jhova1012 said:
cf hood....
or maybe forged internals...

go ahead and get it outa the way.

heh, i doubt i'll get that big of an estimate difference tho

but i can dream can't i?

Back