JP's Build Thread

hahahahaha get one! Even at 4-5 psi it pulls sooooooo much better than being NA. I really need a exhaust to open it up a little.

Ok. Done a few things this week to dial stuff in. Took my bumper off and re-alligned it with some further trimming. So now my bumper sits right. Took the heat shield off to check the torque of the manifold bolts... yeah... My manifold had a horrible exhaust leak... so Thats fixed now. Just have to figure out a way to seal my EGR valve as it has a little air comming out of the pipe at the connection. But its no where near as bad as it was. Also it turned out my boost gauge is broke so I contacted to company and should be getting a new one. She pulls a whole lot better now and cant wait for it to dry up so maybe I can try it on the road.

Oh, I also fixed my exhaust from laying on the cross member. Took it to a buddy at a exhaust shop and they fixed it for free which also sealed up the little exhaust leak I had on the bottom half from taking out the cat.

Runs great! I really am happy with the build and how it turned out. I do need to go over all my bolts that we touched in the whole engine bay just to make 100% sure everything is good and tight but other than that its great. Oh, and I had to send back my boost gauge today... it was defective and didn't read right. But I should be getting my new one probably next wee. I could hear my turbo spooling while it was still in vacuum.

Here are the pictures of the build.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Well, I started buring some serious oil. 90% of my driving is interstate so I got really concerned... Checked my spark plugs, perfectly clean. Checked and replaced my PVC valve, as it was free with a gift card. Gave up and just pulled my tubo... WOOOOOOOW... it definently blew a seal or had a bad one on it. Had a huge oil burn spot on the exhuast side and has a bunch of blue poweder smoke stuff on the inside. ( I call it powerder because I really don't know how to describe it). So I called the company that took care of my turbo rebuild. They are going to replace it for free... just have to wait till I get my new on then it will be time to re-install everything

Yeah that is true, I just hate that I have to deal without my car for a few weeks while it goes through the shipping process

Got kinda tired of seeing the gauge pillar and built one of these.. its not perfect but it does the job. Might take it back out in a few months and work on it alittle more.
attachment.php

Not that hard to build either. Just some pvc pipe and some good epoxy and epoxy putty with the paint color of your choice. Pretty pleased with this one.

Comming back together. As you can see from the picture, I got my boost gauge back. My new turbo should be comming in this week. Just found the MSP waste gate bracket to make everything work a little better as well as a 7psi wategate instead of my 6psi. Also, I should be getting a few new gaskets this week to put everyhting back together. I hope everything works out cause people are starting to complain at my apartment complex about me working on my car.... ops... lol apparantly that was in my contract that I am not suppose to "change my oil in the parking lots." lol Good thing im not chainging my oil.... hahhaa

Back