JP's Build Thread

ffspeed3

:
2002 Mazda Protege ES
I guess I'll start one of these since I am strating to come into a few parts.

My car is a 2002 Protege ES 5-speed, bought her after selling my two Wranglers, getting my son in the back of my jeeps was a pain so this made since. It currently has 159,000 miles just roled over a few days ago.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Orderd my OBX 4-1 header... its due to arrive this week as well as my AEM intake. Also went over to Mazmart in Atlanta and picked up a MSP strut bar, waiting on the brackets to come in to install that. I also took some time today to paint my badges with some plasti-dip

attachment.php

attachment.php

Picked up the parts today and built a non-fouler for the OBX header. Can't wait to get it in the mail tomorrow.

You should also do the silver bar on the front of the grill. I could never stand the look of that.

Word? I guess it just looks silver still with the glare. Id give it a plastidip treatment, just because I love that flat black look :D

Haha nice build. Im jealous of your drop :p. cant wait for next summer to get mine.

Im also getting an OBX header and i would love to see some installations pictures, if you dont mind.
Like when you remove the stock plate that says "hot, dont touch", could u take a picture of that?

Haha nice build. Im jealous of your drop :p. cant wait for next summer to get mine.

Im also getting an OBX header and i would love to see some installations pictures, if you dont mind.
Like when you remove the stock plate that says "hot, dont touch", could u take a picture of that?

Of course! I'll take some tomorrow.When I get out of class in the morning I plan on trying to tackle this.

Got the header in... pictures to come later tonight, only part i had a problem with was I happend to brake both the spring loaded bolts so I drove it over to the exhaust shop to have them get the right ones in to seal up the leak. Other than that they bronzed up nicley and look really good.... extremely loud right now from the HORRIBLE exhaust leak.

Heres the pictures of it comming out and going in.

attachment.php

attachment.php

and the new one!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Can't wait to get my intake from propartsusa.com

I'll take another picture tomorrow after I get it back from the exhaust shop thats fixing up the leak at the collector

Yup. I installed it, extremely easy to do and no codes yet but of course my ride to the exhasut shop is only 3 miles down the road so I will keep you posted on if I do throw one in the next few days

Back