Jobs?

You use screen pop?

Nope. Used to when I was in Customer Care. Now I only talk to Customer Care Reps who are talking to the customer, who is having the problem. They use it I just tell them to give me the number. :D

Sales Associate for a company that manufactures and distributes power generators.

Need a stand-by generator for when the power goes out..call me
( Im taliking to you Enry)

jobs

i currently work at a factory making snow fence, submarine detector netting and stuff like that.

i'm a ski instructor and soon to be doing that full time (travelling between whistler, b.c. in winter and las lenas argentina in summer)

i'm also a commercial pilot and engineer.

i know the question was DO we do and not what CAN we do but factory worker is sooooo not a cool job. at least my factory job.

for a cool job i used to test drive camaros and t/a's for gm. mmmmmmmm....fun!

Well let's see. I used to work here in Montreal as a networking engineer. My work mostly involved solving highly technical issues using computers, various networking equipment, and untold operating systems or programming languages.

Then I got what I thought was a good offer in Italy, so I went there. My job there involved solving practically impossible scenarios in no time, in fields that I did not know of, with no training, no resources, and no help. For some reason, some @#$@#$ people believe that if you have a good knowledge of networking, you can do resolve any networking related issue within minutes. That's like saying that any good surgeon would certainly know how to perform brain surgery at a moment's notice.
So my job description was more like "making miracles happen". Anyways, after five months of trying to walk on water, I felt I was going slowly crazy, and I packed my bags and flew back--happiest decision of my life. Now I am doing some networking consulting work within a few firms here in Montreal.

Oh yeah and I also work on this website for you fine folks. :)

EDS: MMC or Electronic Data Systems: Materials Management Center. I "pick and ship" manuals/software(Amadeus)/pc parts(generic,IBM,MAC,amongst others...) for hotels/cruise/travel agencies. Yes, its the EDS that has more money than you can count in a decade! Oh, I wonder how much it costs to buy approximately 10,000 Win2k Pro. licenses.....thats just ONE of the things I ship to companies. Soon I hope to move up to "refurb" where all you do is make sure used PCs that companies have "returned" work and then dissmantle them and package it. If anyone cares, I think it was a year ago or 2, when "Allison" hit Texas by storm, literally. It flooded the warehouse where nearly 68% of all merchandise was damaged, yet the place is still in business, and running strong.

i work as erm.. unemployed, well actually im a little lower than that.. more like.. homeless/jobless bum

pr5owner said:
i work as erm.. unemployed, well actually im a little lower than that.. more like.. homeless/jobless bum

And yet you still have a Protege 5? Well, I guess your priorities are in the right spot...

Lil' Ol' Me

I'm a Youth Minister in a little Baptist church, but I'm not ordained, so please, do NOT ask me to perform a wedding, okay? Now, you may ask, "If you're a Youth Minister, where do you get money?" Good question. I also work at a book store, selling books, music, and stuff. If I was better at it, I wouldn't mind making a career out of Disc Golf (www.discgolf.com), because then all I would do is drive my MP3 from state to state and play Disc Golf. Of course, then I wouldn't get to work at a little Baptist church, and I think I'd miss it. I once wanted to be a veterinarian, but they wanted me to know chemistry and math, so out that went. My degree is in underwater monkey ranching, so you can see how I transitioned into ministry. I just thank God I don't have to work in a nuclear power plant (just kidding, sirnuke). But enough about me, what do YOU do?

I am a Entertainment Tech(Roadie) for a large scene shop here in Boston. I travel all over doing stages,scenery,and moition control.:)

people who work in churches usually have loads of money. btw since you are a "youth minister" i have a question, way off topic but here goes.....does the bible ever speak of dinosaurs?

Churches and Money and Dinosaurs

Manuel

Well, I am quite sure no one wants this to become a debate about anything, but I will at least answer your two points:

1. Not all churches actually have a lot of money, especially in rural Mississippi. If I was in it for the money, I'd most likely not be in it here.

2. The Bible doesn't speak of dinosaurs, at least not specifically.

Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Re: Re: Lil' Ol' Me

Sir Nuke said:

and I thank God every day that I do! and I am serious. :{D

I'm sure that everyone that lives near you plant are happy you do too...Not to mention everyone who uses the power from your plant.

I heard that the nuclear power plants that are set-up around the country porvide pretty much all the power for that area. Is that right??

Manufacturing Engineer

[start bitching] Chem engineer background working as a manufacturing engineer at Advanced Micro Devices. Will be searching for a new job once this company lets me go. Don't need to work for a company that moves their entire R&D and manufacturing facilities out overseas anyways. Our motto USED to be, "Employees come first and everything else will follow".... not anymore. Now it is "our employees in GERMANY and our FUTURE employees, who would not mind living in freaking Singapore", comes first. Sorry, Germany is a bit TOO far from family and who the hell wants to be stuffed up in Singapore when you have been living in Texas for years? (no offense to anyone from Singapore) I dislike the newly appointed CEO, Hector Ruiz, and I can safely say most AMDers do not like him as well with the changes he is in process of making ... narrow-minded fool wants to focus everything on CPU (put all your eggs in one basket...sure... that's why some of Enron's employees are screwed for such a stupid act)... yeah, go ahead and bring down AMD like you did with Motorola... Intel won't mind!! :mad:
[/end bitching]

Oh, when your microprocessors melts.. you don't come to me (usually you can't go to anyone for that :D ). It's when the microprocessors don't get through the manufacturing line properly inside the fab that you would be looking for me. I help write and debug automation scripts, recipes for our furnaces, and basically any processing that needs to be done through our module (logistic and flash chips).

This is probably the longest post necro I've ever seen. 21 years lol

Wonder if we can get this thread rolling again?
Unfortunately that was a stealth spam account (had two posts and the other one had the spam link in it, probably embedded later on)…That said, great point and idea…Bring it on, 21 years later… 😁(y)

Back